dogs are defenders; cats are strikers

Remathilis

Legend
I think it depends on the dog.

Dalmatians and Rottweilers are defenders.

Pugs and Poodles are leaders. They're just soooo cuuutte!!

Chihuahuas and Pit Bulls are Strikers.

Australian Shepherds and Border Collies are controllers.

twilsemail

First Post
Wrong roles: dogs are soldiers*, cats are lurkers!

* = The really small ones are minions :)

QFT. My cats certainly have +1d6 on the ambush attacks. Polydactyllic cats are a pain in the back. They also prove that if you're determined enough, you can hide anywhere.

My dog (rest his soul) was certainly a soldier. He'd just act as a distraction while the cats pounced.

evilbob

Explorer
My dog has a level 1 encounter power called "Bark as If You Were Brave" that is a +2 against Will in a blast 5 and allows her to shift away 2 as an effect. Anyone hit gets slowed (save ends). She frequently readies this action against anyone coming through the door that doesn't live there.

Her other power is an at-will called "Just Rub My Belly" where she goes prone and attacks +10 vs. Will in a burst 1. Anyone hit is immobilized (save ends).

Holy Smokes

First Post
I have two Boxers with very different personalities; their nicknames are Laser and Spaz. Guess which one marks her enemies, and which has a close burst air licking power? ;)

mmu1

First Post
Dogs are actually capable of filling a number of roles.

Whereas cats are all true roleplayers, messing things up for everyone else by doing what they think is creative and fascinating, and they all should be shot. (or sprayed with water, anyway)

Last edited:

Remove ads