OSR Dolmenwood to be published as a standalone game

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero

Gavin posted an update today on the progress of Dolmenwood. The big news is the Kickstarter is planned for this summer (probably July or August).
Damn, I love how customized it is for the setting.

• Kindreds: The six playable kindreds (breggle, elf, grimalkin, human, mossling, woodgrue), each presented with background info, mechanical abilities, tables of names and backgrounds, a table of 50 random trinkets, and a set of eight tables of quirky characteristics.
  • Classes: The nine playable classes (cleric, enchanter, fighter, friar, hunter, knight, magician, minstrel, thief).
  • Magic: The rules for arcane, fairy, and holy magic, along with complete spell lists. The arcane and holy spell lists are largely based on the Old-School Essentials spells, with a lot of tweaks and additional flavour to tie them in with Dolmenwood. For example, each holy spell is connected with a specific saint and is accompanied by the myth of that saint's most renowned miracle.
If I am buying a setting book, and it's not going to be systemless, this is the kind of stuff I want.

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
Bummer. I was planning to use it for Shadowdark. Don't really want to pay for pagecount of core game rules.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases