• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Domhani Bairdéir 03

Scotley

Hero
Gavril

"Please, please my friends, a gentleman never tells." Despite the banter, the deboucherous swordsman keeps a close watch out for trouble and perhaps pretty girls.

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

But, come on, Gavril, we're all friends here. None of the Criu would spread tales outside the group, but we need have no secrets from each other. But, I admit that you are right -- we have been teasing you too much lately. We wouldn't want to dampen your spirits too much with our teasing. We surely don't want you to become known as Gavril the Flaccid because we were too harsh with our jokes!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Summary of Events

Skáth still sees no one on the trail of the Críu.

[sblock=A Quick Re-Cap of Events in Clún]The Críu was sent to Clún on an investigative mission to find out why the Bairdéir aren't being given any love there. After a short detour for a bar fight in which you showed conclusively that your average Joe should never mess with a Hero, you snuck into the capital city with a fair amount of anonymity. You met up with a barmaid (Cliodhna) who turned you on to a House Guard (Dubhghlas), who she said had the name of a clerk in House Clún who knows about a plot to take out Maor Clún. Your meet with Dubhghlas was spoiled by the appearance of your old friend Deasaigh and a peck of Doine deBith from Cairn's old stomping grounds, who killed Dubhhglas - but not before he could say Cliodhna's name with his dying breath. You tracked Cliodhna down again, and she gave you the name of the House Clerk (Donchadh). You are now in the Temple where Cerallos is staying trying to decide what to do.

Still Unexplained:

The almost undefineable sense of tension about the city - like tinder about to explode into open flame.

The details of the alleged plot against the Maor Clún.

Deasaigh's presence in Clún and his actions there - he's likely not a free agent now, as the working theory is that he was involuntarily 'awakened' and bonded as Laoch.

Why the Bairdéir aren't getting any love in Clún.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

"So we still have four sub-mysteries that we're working on: a) tension in the city of Clún, b) alleged plot against Maor Clún, c) Deasigh's junk, d) no love for Bairdéir in Clún. I know nothing about Deasigh, and so I prefer not to deal with that situation unless and until I am compelled to do so. The other three sub-mysteries would seem to be quite similar and probably closely related. The plot against Maor Clún and disapproval of Bairdéir in Clún would seem to point to some anarchistic influence in Clún that is affecting everyone or alomost everyone. If there is some method of widespread mind-control or evil influence causing the anarchistic influence, say by putting some potion or (multi-vitamin) (poison) agent into the city's water supply (perhaps? -- this is just my crazy idea), then that might explain b) and d), and by its very existence it explains a) also. And, if we connect the "poisoning" to Deasigh, then that ties everything together with a nice, neat little bow. The question is, how to we find evidence of this? We can check out the water supply for Clún and perhaps we can find some way to test it? Maybe there's some other substance or something around Clún that is almost as ubiquitous as water that might be the culprit? Something that everyone has eaten recently, or some medicine that everyone has taken, or something like that? Maybe the rest of the Críu should just have me committed for 24-hour observation?"

Scotley

Hero
Gavril

"An intersting theory Cairn, it might well be some magical influence rather than something in the water. I still think our best course is to see what the clerk knows."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads