• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Domhani Bairdéir 04

mleibrock

First Post
The Críu and the Embassy embark on their journey. The day is fine - the rain is so far confining itself to a light mist - and you're beginning to look forward to a few days of light exercise out of the oppressive atmosphere of Clún's capitol city. At first the house guards are distant/wary of you, but after a couple of hours of determined effort on Dílis' part they begin to warm up, and are soon chatting amiably.

Skath would like to fly high up, keeping a bird's eye view out for trouble.

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

Cairn also relaxes a bit as the journey continues, and eventually, he is as lighthearted as he ever is, which really isn't all that light after all.

Scotley

Hero
Gavril

Gavril will also chat some with the guards, but be more concerned with watching their behavior. Do any seem unusually deferential to the Maora? Or confused or distracted as if perhaps in some way enspelled?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
On the Road

Skáth notices nothing untoward during the first part of the day.

The guards don't appear any more or less deferential to their liege(s) than one would expect, and none of them appear ensorceled (as far as Gavril can tell, anyway). He does notice that they are quite well armed and appear to be very comfortable wearing their blades. He suspects a level of proficiency unusually high for household militia.

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

Knowing that his friend Gavril is always clued in to nuances that he misses, Cairn will arrange to get Gavril off toward the edge of the band so that they can have a word in private.

"So, Gavril, what do your razor sharp eyes and instincts tell you about our traveling companions? What should I be watching and alert for?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cyr Escunar

Cyr will hold to himself. If approached he will speak amiably, but will not initiate conversation with anyone on the first day.

He will, however, observe everyone closely for signs of double dealing or enchantment.

[sblock=For Mowgli]
Cyr will observe closely spirits of all present so he can notice changes if something happens. Also, he will note those who lie at one time or another and note any that seem to be lying too much. Finally, are there people he recognizes? For example those two guards that he pacified in the basement?
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
On the Road

[sblock=Cyr Escunar]So far all seems fairly normal. The guards from the basement are not among those here. The only lying going on is of the 'I caught a fish this big . . .' variety.

OOC: You are aware, of course, that Cyr doesn't have an automatic lie detector - I'm making PERception rolls opposed by the targets PREsence, and for the really important stuff a blanket statement like 'monitoring the group for liers' won't net you any useful info. For that you'll have to declare specific targets/times (but in most cases you'll have a pretty good idea of when to try.;)[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Gavril

"Well judge, I get the sense these boys know there business with a blade much better than the average man at arms. If we do come to blows, you'll need to put those axes of your to quick and decisive use. Beyond that, I have the distinct sense that the Maora would be happy to put a leash around my neck and walk me along the road like a pedigreed poodle."

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

"Well judge, I get the sense these boys know there business with a blade much better than the average man at arms. If we do come to blows, you'll need to put those axes of your to quick and decisive use. Beyond that, I have the distinct sense that the Maora would be happy to put a leash around my neck and walk me along the road like a pedigreed poodle."
"Okay, so maybe I can read these folks just as well as you can then!" ;)

Remove ads