Dragon 365 - Artificer

dragon_eater

First Post
Healing infusion: Curative admixture seems like a really good ability. Allowing your entire party to spend a healing surge is powerful even if you don't get the extra +1d6 to healing.

Shado

Explorer
Healing infusion: Curative admixture seems like a really good ability. Allowing your entire party to spend a healing surge is powerful even if you don't get the extra +1d6 to healing.

Yeah... just in reading it (no playtest experience with) it seems.... strong. :-S

EDIT: Nevermind! I completely misread that.

Last edited:

Shroomy

Adventurer

You expend a healing surge for a set number of temporary hit points; you don't gain the other benefits of expending a healing surge.

Kaodi

Hero
Maybe it is just me, but I do not really like it. I wonder if the other build that we do not get to see is more like the traditional artificer than this one. In any case, it seems strange that they get Ritual Casting for free, but they do not explictly gain Enchant Item and Disenchant Item automatically.

Boarstorm

First Post
This class is sufficiently different from anything we've seen before that I'm having a hard time digesting it on some levels.

One thing that I find really interesting is that the artificer can spend a minor action to move an artifice con mod squares. Perhaps a hint at what we'll see for "pet" classes?

Scribble

First Post
Interesting that not all of the powers have an action type... Well they have "Short Rest" as the action type.

Admittedly I haven't read all the powers in the PHB, but this is a new thing no?

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Interesting that not all of the powers have an action type... Well they have "Short Rest" as the action type.

Admittedly I haven't read all the powers in the PHB, but this is a new thing no?
It's called out as a class feature. The "short rest" action type denotes the fact that you spend some time preparing an item to have a semi-permanent effect. It is new, but I think only good luck charm (utility 16) and hero's elixir (utility 22) have that action type.

Scribble

First Post
It's called out as a class feature. The "short rest" action type denotes the fact that you spend some time preparing an item to have a semi-permanent effect. It is new, but I think only good luck charm (utility 16) and hero's elixir (utility 22) have that action type.

Well, I know it's called out. I was just wondering if it was a new thing, or if I'd missed it in the PHB. Guess it's a new thing.

I assume it's also a test bed for doing this down the road with some of the new powers for old classes books?

Hussar

Legend
In other news, the O'Connor pic at the end of the article, with the artificer chick at the doorway is very sweet. I like.

Remove ads