Dragon 370 - "Her Majesty's Secret Servants: Agents of Tiamat"

Shroomy

Adventurer
I didn't see any threads about this article, so I decided to start one; DDI subscribers can read the article here. The article is a rogue's gallery describing four mortal humanoid NPCs in service to Tiamat; each NPC gets two pages of description, a portrait, and full stat block (I really like the various powers). They include:

*Andred Wormblade, leader of the Red Wyrm Mercenary Company (Level 6 Elite Soldier [Leader])
*Ghedrin the Blasphemer, dark dragonborn arcanist (Level 12 Elite Artillery)
*Cyprio, expert cat burglar and agent of Tiamat (Level 18 Elite Skirmisher)
*Cadrick Dragonsworn, dwarven champion of Tiamat (Level 24 Elite Skirmisher)

Shroomy

Adventurer
Cool that the NPCs have worked up motivations and background, as well as stats.

Yeah, I definitely want to see more of these "rogues gallery" type articles, especially if they show off the strengths of 4e NPC design like these ones do (i.e. they appear to have classes but are given thematic abilities)

Pseudopsyche

First Post
Yeah, I definitely want to see more of these "rogues gallery" type articles, especially if they show off the strengths of 4e NPC design like these ones do (i.e. they appear to have classes but are given thematic abilities)
I enjoyed this article, too. All four villains have well-developed backgrounds and personalities, ideal for slotting into a campaign. I'm already working on inserting Andred Wormblade into my current game.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I enjoyed this article, too. All four villains have well-developed backgrounds and personalities, ideal for slotting into a campaign. I'm already working on inserting Andred Wormblade into my current game.

Another thing that I liked about the article was even though it assumed that the PCs default approach towards the NPCs would be as villains, it does provide information on how to use them in a non-antagonistic way.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases