Dragon 405 - Class Acts: Swordmage - The Winterguard of Cendriane

Klaus

First Post
Yeah. Pretty much all of that. Ensnarement Swordmages do need a fix of some kind, but it didn't look like you were trying to force that. You added some cool powers to a class/build that needs to love. Kudos.
I'd change a simple thing with the Ensnaremage: change the aegis trigger from "hits with an attack" to "hits or misses with an attack". That way you can prevent it from going after your allies, instead of punishing it when it does that successfully.

Neverfate

First Post
I'd change a simple thing with the Ensnaremage: change the aegis trigger from "hits with an attack" to "hits or misses with an attack". That way you can prevent it from going after your allies, instead of punishing it when it does that successfully.

It needs some sort of more severe punishment. Dragging someone adjacent to you is cool in a thematic sense, but the worst thing that happens is they grant CA.

As much as people don't love band-aid fix feats (due to feat taxes already being high) but they could release some that would help the mark punishment. Maybe also use the "ensnare" element: immobilize or restrained (at epic, maybe) could be added as a save ends effect (seeing as you're not doing any damage).

Shroomy

Adventurer
It needs some sort of more severe punishment. Dragging someone adjacent to you is cool in a thematic sense, but the worst thing that happens is they grant CA.

As much as people don't love band-aid fix feats (due to feat taxes already being high) but they could release some that would help the mark punishment. Maybe also use the "ensnare" element: immobilize or restrained (at epic, maybe) could be added as a save ends effect (seeing as you're not doing any damage).

There's already a series of feats from Arcane Power that do this. The heroic tier feat slows, the paragon feat gives a damage boost, and the epic tier feat immobilizes.

Incenjucar

Legend

Isn't this also true with the assault build?

Klaus

First Post
Isn't this also true with the assault build?
The trigger for the Assault build is "makes an attack", so you teleport to the enemy's side as it completes its attack. If you write the ensnaring trigger to be "hits or misses", you specify that you don't negate the attack, teleporting the enemy after the attack is completed.

I think it's not overpowered to give ensnaring a basic attack on the foe he teleports, instead of the granting of CA.

Remove ads