• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Breath feats

Thatwackyned

First Post
Hello again everyone.

Wondering about Dragon Breath Feats. The 2 in question is Hurl Breath and Enlarge Breath.

Do the two feats work together? Enlarge Breath expands the close blast from 3 to 5, and Hurl Blast allows you to do burst 2, 10 squares away. Can these two feats work together? Can I hurl the Breath and get a burst 4? Or am I just blowing smoke?

Obryn

Hero
Hurl Breath specifically says it's an Area Burst 2.

Enlarge Breath specifically expands a close blast from 3 to 5.

I don't see these interacting at all.

-O

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I DM for a player who has both of those feats. As the others have said, technically they don't merge. But I can say that I houseruled that his Area Burst 2 Hurl Breath could become an Area Burst 3 (a 50% increase in enlargement, rather than a 100%, so he got a little something out of it). Thus far it has not caused any problems, because the damage is so low. Yes, it can potentially take out a lot of minions, but as we also have a wizard, I never expect my minions to live that long anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Talk to your DM... maybe he'll let them be used together, maybe not. Couldn't hurt to ask.

twilsemail

First Post
But I can say that I houseruled that his Area Burst 2 Hurl Breath could become an Area Burst 3 (a 50% increase in enlargement, rather than a 100%, so he got a little something out of it).

I think that AB2 to AB3 is a 96% increase in area. I may have flubbed the math (25 to 49 squares). A respectable increase

Talk to your DM... maybe he'll let them be used together, maybe not. Couldn't hurt to ask.

I completely agree here. Talk to your DM and see if they'll let the feats interact. I can't think of anything outside of that that'd increase the size of Hurl Breath.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads