D&D General Dragon+ Content Going Away -- Whoops, It's Gone!

WotC's online ezine, Dragon+, ended a few months ago. Until now the existing issues were still accessible, but as of today, November 15th, WotC announced that "Dragon+ will be removed from app stores on or around November 15th, and dragonmag.com will be redirected and its content will no longer be available". If you wanted to save any of the content, do it quick, because it goes away today...

WotC's online ezine, Dragon+, ended a few months ago. Until now the existing issues were still accessible, but as of today, November 15th, WotC announced that "Dragon+ will be removed from app stores on or around November 15th, and dragonmag.com will be redirected and its content will no longer be available".

If you wanted to save any of the content, do it quick, because it goes away today!

[Edit -- and the content is now gone].

th-1815004287.jpg

Earlier this year we announced that the current issue of Dragon+ will be its last. Dragon+ will be removed from app stores on or around November 15th, and dragonmag.com will be redirected and its content will no longer be available.

Same story as ever - something created through communal contribution gains popularity, people monetize it, then it gets strangled to death. D&D prospered because it was once a game that could generate hundreds of hours of fun per $ spent. Now we move further and further into the $/minute category.
I spend more then I should, and I complain of price here a lot, but I feel there is still a lot of play you can get out of 2-4 books

JEB

Legend
The Wayback Machine appears to have archived many of the issues.
Unfortunately, having just checked, there are some pretty significant gaps. Not to mention that navigation between pages appears to be impossible. But if you use this specific link, you can at least see all of the content that did get archived before Wizards pulled the plug:

I do have a complete backup on my Dragon+ app on my phone, as I assume do others, but no idea what can be done to share it.

The worst part, as usual for these situations, is the loss of gaming history - all those interviews, in particular.

darjr

I crit!
For those wondering… The wording was: “we’re exploring new ways to further integrate this content” Nothing said it would be inaccessible.

FhqentuagAAcWXP.jpeg

darjr

I crit!

Hussar

Legend
Same story as ever - something created through communal contribution gains popularity, people monetize it, then it gets strangled to death. D&D prospered because it was once a game that could generate hundreds of hours of fun per $ spent. Now we move further and further into the $/minute category.
That might just be a bit of a stretch. My Candlekeep campaign is now just tipping over into 18 months. We play 3 hour sessions and we don't miss too many weeks, so, probably about 200 hours of entertainment for 6 people. So, that's about 1200 people hours of fun for about 30 bucks.

You cannot possibly have a cheaper hobby than RPG gaming.

That might be the case for you, but it’s definitely not my group’s experience. My group has spent way less on 5E than we did on 3.5E and we’re having just as much fun now with our games as we were a decade ago.

Remove ads

Remove ads