• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Subscription - UK

TimSmith

Re: Books

Merlin said:
Maybe I'm paranoid (hopefully I am...)

Nevertheless, some time ago I ordered 'Savage Species' on Amazon.ch. Recently I got a mail, that they are unable to deliver it, because the publisher does not produce it any more (some predefined message).

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are NOT out to get you:D

Seriously, though, i had this with Return To the Temple of Elemental Evil. I think it is just something to do with crap publishing runs and them refusing to hold stock that they might not sell if you don't buy it immediately it comes out. Another example of poor customer service...

Bagpuss

Legend
I get my Dragon and Dungeon/Polyhedron from my local newsagents (ever since the RPGA lied and stiffed its UK members out of their magazines. Me bitter? Never.) and judging from the barcode label stuck on the front they order it from

http://www.magazinecafe.co.uk

No mention of the magazines on that site but they might be worth an e-mail. Both Dragon and Dungeon/Polyhedron are £3.50 from my newsagents, so that looks a better option.

I've e-mailed the company and I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited:

wanderer9

First Post
For those of you who still have a problem with getting your Dragon/Dungeon magazines.

Firstly you can contact Hasbro UK on 0800 3287007 and register your complaint. Might not do much but if enough people complain perhaps something might get done.

Secondly contact your local Trading Standards Organisation. I have and they are going to contact Hasbro UK to see if they are in breach of contact. That might make someone sit up.

Thirdly. If you have paid by credit card, contact your CC company and say you with to dispute this payment. This will put a stop on the funds until the problem is resolved. You won't get your money back, but it will stop Hasbro UK / MRM (who I believe are the UK publishers) from getting your money as well. There is a time limit you can do this for, but think that depends on which CC company you are will.

Finally the word from Hasbro UK is that you will not get your dragon magazines backdated. You should get a full refund for any magazines you have not received.

Its then up to you to see if you want to buy another Dungeon/Dragon magazine.

Khaalis

Adventurer
Dont feel bad all - it isnt just UK. I paid my renewal back at the begining of January and still have not received my Januaray or February issues, and I live in NY. I think the change over to the new company is the death of Subscriptions.

EnglishScribe

First Post
Lying

I'm still waiting for someone from Paizo to come here and give us a public apology and the REAL reason for totally ignoring the European Public.

As for backissues, they (my subscription confirmation letter was from TSR Inc, so I guess that that means Hasbro UK) are contractually obliged to provide these, and if they do not, they are going to be receiving an whole load of compensation claims (check out information on the small claims court in the UK, claim your money back, claim travelling expenses for having to drive to buy the magazine from a Newsagent, claim out of pocket expenses for your time)

I REALLY hope that Paizo are going to turn up at GenCon UK this year, I've got a lot of friends who are going to spend the whole weekend surrounding them and complaining.

Sertimon

First Post
For a couple of weeks ago when we made a call (to Hasbro UK) in mid January they said that we would get the missing issues (from November to January) and that the "problem" would be resolved by the end of January ... but that didn't happen!

... And we should demand compensation for not being informed and receiving (if that ever happens) the issues months after its release! And decides, we paid for a ONE year (at least I) subscription, not some lame 8 months subscription! I want the missing issues, not the ones that arrive after my subscription's end!

And a public apology to all European subscriptions would be nice, but like that would ever happen ... (and yes I am bitter!)

Azure Trance

First Post
Khaalis said:
Dont feel bad all - it isnt just UK. I paid my renewal back at the begining of January and still have not received my Januaray or February issues, and I live in NY. I think the change over to the new company is the death of Subscriptions.

I hate to rain on your parade, but I don't think that's PP fault. When you renew there's a 6-8 week 'dead' period (Same for Dragon, Dungeon, Maxim, etc). Something about the timing of when you give money and the fact that this, and next months issue are already printed/mailed.

TimSmith

In many ways the worst thing about this whole fiasco is that no one bothered to tell us this was happening. With Dungeon magazine being bi-monthly, it took a while for me to realise that something had gone wrong. You would think the least they could have done would have been to inform us about it.

The only thing I can say for them is that when I emailed Paizo, I did get a speedy reply explaining this "3 way legal problem." (I still think that liability to supply the mags should have transferred to whoever bought them, ie Paizo) The best Paizo could suggest was to subscribe in the US and then get a refund when "this was all sorted out".

I think the idea that has been put forward about complaining to the local Trading Standards might be useful as they can get companies worried.

hammer of ulric

First Post
Paizo have given up trying

We have no possible way of sending magazines to anyone in Europe. We are frantically trying to get the information so we can refund your money.

Johanny L. Wilson, President

Paizo Publishing, LLC

Publisher of Dragon, Dungeon/Polyhedron and Star Wars Insider

"Dimitto magicum!"

Remove ads