Dragon Subscription - UK

Spud

First Post
I phoned the number (08457 125599) and eventually got through (took several times on numerous days till somebody actually answered the phone) to somebody from Hasbro UK, basically she took me name & address put me on a computer and told me somebody would get back to me. Still waiting.
I am now considering taking all the companies to the small claims court to get my money back. Seriously naffed off about the whole thing. Its lucky i have access to the internet as otherwise i would not have a clue as to what was happening, despite contacting all the companies involved i have yet to hear from any one of them.
People have defended Pazio involvement in this, but they have hardly handled the matter very well. Either pure incompetence or they just dont care about the European subscribers.

Alarith

First Post
Can you tell me how much this number costs ? Does any1 out there has enough legal knowledge to tell me if some kind of combined sueing against whoever me make responsible is possible, and how to coordinate something like that across european borders ?

Ala

hammer of ulric

First Post
Open e-mail to Johnny L Wilson

Hi Johnny

Lets try this again shall we?

Why can't you send me my magazines? I've paid for them, we have been told previously they are sitting in a warehouse waiting for money to move so they can be delivered. Why no answers on your website?

To say we will not get what we have paid for without any explanation simply beggars belief. I, and hundreds like me across Europe, entered into a contract with Hasbro. When Hasbro sold you the magazines, that contract was transferred to you.

I accept that you may be having difficulties fulfilling the contract, but you are now in breach of that contract.

Subscribers have suffered losses for that breach, in that we have been forced to buy both Dragon and Dungeon at news-stand prices, £3.99 and £5.99 per issue in the UK. To further agravate the problem, must of us found out about the problems so late that we have not been able to find some of the missing issues.

Many of us have made numerous phone calls to Hasbro, and the distributor, which has a further cost.

Are you prepared to make payments against all of this?

Exactly what can you tell us? At the moment all we get us rumour, and a slow drip feed when people pass on your personal replies to their enquiries. That is not acceptable from a business so keen to take our money.

Regards

Bagpuss

Legend
I recently got a reply to the e-mail I sent to the company that provides my local newsagent Dungeon and Dragon.

Apologies for the delay in responding to you. As you can see below, we are currently having our website updated. We can supply both of these titles to you via any of the options below at the following prices:-

Dungeon - £25.00 for 6 issues to the UK
Dragon - £52.00 for 12 issues to the UK

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
Maxine

Please note that by the end of February 03 our new website will be in operation and will include more titles from all sorts of categories. Come back and visit again soon!!

A subscription makes a perfect gift so why not order now at
http://www.magazinecafe.co.uk or telephone 01895 433 722 - fax 01895
The Magazine Cafe, Unit 3, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 7QE. Cheques made
payable to The Magazine Cafe.

I'm guessing the Dungeon subscription price might be due a change soon.

hammer of ulric

First Post
Paizo direct

The foreign subscription price for both mags direct from Paizo comes out at around £111 for both mags for a year. I feel a call to magazine cafe coming on...

The_Old_one

First Post
Something other than the subscription deals seems wrong here. Namely the prices people are quoting- Ulric, you say newsstand price is £3.99 for Dragon, and £5.99 for Dungeon? Yet I pay £3.50 for each at my local Smiths. It may not be a good idea ot e quoting erroneous prices in your attempts to contact Mr Wilson. Anyhoo, how many of the Brits here have fired off their mails to Dragon itself yet? I know mine just went in- the best way to be noticed is to go straight to them with our complaints. Perhaps in light of the treatment European customers are recieving it would be better to simply stop buying- and let the mags die.

hammer of ulric

First Post
The_Old_one said:
Something other than the subscription deals seems wrong here. Namely the prices people are quoting- Ulric, you say newsstand price is £3.99 for Dragon, and £5.99 for Dungeon? Yet I pay £3.50 for each at my local Smiths. It may not be a good idea ot e quoting erroneous prices in your attempts to contact Mr Wilson. Anyhoo, how many of the Brits here have fired off their mails to Dragon itself yet? I know mine just went in- the best way to be noticed is to go straight to them with our complaints. Perhaps in light of the treatment European customers are recieving it would be better to simply stop buying- and let the mags die.

I'm glad you can buy at Smiths. I can't. These prices were at a games store, so I apologise for being ripped off.

Geez.

E-mailing Dragon? I've sent dozens of e-mails, all ignored, or the responses full of lies.

Let Dragon die? I wish the European fanbase had this influence. If we did, we wouldn't have lost the UK support functions (TSR UK, RPGAUK)

When all is said and done, this hasn't been sorted because WE DONT MATTER compared to the US market.

So get off my case and go....................................................

Spud

First Post
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by hammer of ulric
E-mailing Dragon? I've sent dozens of e-mails, all ignored, or the responses full of lies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has to be my main complaint that fact, despite numerous attempts to contact all three companies involved the only one who has either returned my calls or been moderately helpful has been the distribution company.
Hasbro UK & Pazio have not returned any calls, replied to emails or letters and generally not seem to give a fig.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Um, in case I missed it something in this thread, Spud, what is the name of the distribution company and what is there response to the situation?

Spud

First Post
Cant for the life of me remember the name of the distribution company, but said there was a problem when Pazio took over Dragon & Dungeon beyond their control. They did say all the magazines (at the time) were being stored in a warehouse and would be sent when the problem was rectified. Then gave me Hasbro UK phone number to try.
How much is correct I dont know, but since these are the only people ive managed to get a response from that all I can go by..

Remove ads