D&D General Dragon Talk?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I was wondering this, too; there was already that long delay around the OGL debacle, and now it's been a few months again. I hope they come back, maybe with a refresh; it's been pretty formulaic for a while now, and one can only hear so many interviews with "influencers" pushing their Twitch/YouTube/charity...

Both Tito and Mazzanoble have been around a long time, though this recent round of firings has shown no one's really safe. I would bet they're doing fine.
I do think that Dragon Talk needs a rethink, starting with not trying to make it weekly. There's just so many people making hot sauce that they can try to work into a "and that's how D&D can help you in your regular life" bit.

They'd be a lot better off, IMO, sticking more closely to the product release cycle -- and 2024 is going to be a doozy -- and interviewing people around those. The anniversary year would be a great opportunity to talk to historians and various creators over the decades, while they're still around, and create a kind of oral history project.

Riley

Legend
My favorite Dragon Talk segments are the ones in which Chris Perkins, James Wyatt, or someone similar did a deep dive into the old, new, and/or obscure lore around something featured in their latest product.

More of that would be perfect for what they have thus-far announced for the upcoming 50th anniversary year.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
My favorite Dragon Talk segments are the ones in which Chris Perkins, James Wyatt, or someone similar did a deep dive into the old, new, and/or obscure lore around something featured in their latest product.

More of that would be perfect for what they have thus-far announced for the upcoming 50th anniversary year.
That sort of stuff has basically been replaced by Todd Kendrick doing YouTuve videos...which is probsvly why the podcast has fallen to the side.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero

An episode full of Vecna stories would be great, from why they brought him back (AND WHY HE HAD A MINION WITH A GIANT HAND FOR A HEAD!) to how Stranger Things settled on using him to why they think he should be a brand name level villain.

darjr

I crit!
I didn't know about Shelly's blog. Can subscribe here

Riley

Legend
That sort of stuff has basically been replaced by Todd Kendrick doing YouTuve videos...which is probsvly why the podcast has fallen to the side.

That’s too bad, if true. I find those promo videos terribly stilted and uncomfortable to watch. (But that’s probably just me.)

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I hope they can keep going. I stopped listening in line with my declining interest in 5e, but especially the Lore You Should Know episodes with Chris were great. I probably would pay for an "Uncle Chris tells stories about D&D lore" podcast.
Yeah, I stopped listening when they stopped having the Lore You Should Know segments. So many of the interviews with third-party D&D adjacent streamers, educators, third-party creators, just started getting old to me.

I would love for a dedicated Lore You Should Know podcast.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah, I stopped listening when they stopped having the Lore You Should Know segments. So many of the interviews with third-party D&D adjacent streamers, educators, third-party creators, just started getting old to me.

I would love for a dedicated Lore You Should Know podcast.
Seems to me that those might he the genesis of the Lore Glossary that Perkins is putting in the DMG. So, maybe we will some videos on that

Remove ads