Dragonlance Dragonlance Adventure & Prelude Details Revealed

Over on DND Beyond Amy Dallen and Eugenio Vargas discuss the beginning of Shadow of ther Dragon Queen and provide some advice on running it. https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/1372-running-a-session-zero-for-dragonlance-shadow-of This epic war story begins with an invitation to a friend's funeral and three optional prelude encounters that guide you into the world of Krynn. Amy Dallen is...

Over on DND Beyond Amy Dallen and Eugenio Vargas discuss the beginning of Shadow of ther Dragon Queen and provide some advice on running it.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.27.17 AM.png

This epic war story begins with an invitation to a friend's funeral and three optional prelude encounters that guide you into the world of Krynn. Amy Dallen is joined by Eugenio Vargas to share some details about how these opening preludes work and some advice on using them in your own D&D games.

There is also information on the three short 'prelude' adventures which introduce players to the world of Krynn:
  • Eye in the Sky -- ideal for sorcerers, warlocks, wizards, or others seeking to become members of the Mages of High Sorcery.
  • Broken Silence -- ideal for clerics, druids, paladins, and other characters with god-given powers.
  • Scales of War -- ideal for any character and reveals the mysterious draconians.
The article discusses Session Zero for the campaign and outlines what to expect in a Dragonlance game -- war, death, refugees, and so on.

darjr

I crit!
There are optional prelude adventures for 1st level characters.
Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.33.57 AM.png

Stormonu

Legend
🤷‍♂️ I'm fine with it being a PDF seperate from the book, sort of like the Spelljammer Academy - especially if it's free and easily available (say, a flyer in the front/back of the product that points you to the adventure's location. Give folks a "taste" without having to dump for the full product, and let book pages be reserved for other material - like worldbuilding.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
🤷‍♂️ I'm fine with it being a PDF seperate from the book, sort of like the Spelljammer Academy - especially if it's free and easily available (say, a flyer in the front/back of the product that points you to the adventure's location. Give folks a "taste" without having to dump for the full product, and let book pages be reserved for other material - like worldbuilding.
You can have it both ways, as we did with Radiant Citadel: Make it the first chapter of the book and then release that for free.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
No idea how they can kick off divine users in DL, without dumping one it's cores.
The title of the divine one makes it sound like this is contemporaneous or immediately after the divine awakening in the original novel, which I'm sure is going to irritate folks. That said, at their table, they probably weren't going to allow any divine casters in the campaign anyway, except as replacement characters.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads