Dragonlance Dragonlance Adventure & Prelude Details Revealed

Over on DND Beyond Amy Dallen and Eugenio Vargas discuss the beginning of Shadow of ther Dragon Queen and provide some advice on running it. https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/1372-running-a-session-zero-for-dragonlance-shadow-of This epic war story begins with an invitation to a friend's funeral and three optional prelude encounters that guide you into the world of Krynn. Amy Dallen is...

Over on DND Beyond Amy Dallen and Eugenio Vargas discuss the beginning of Shadow of ther Dragon Queen and provide some advice on running it.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.27.17 AM.png

This epic war story begins with an invitation to a friend's funeral and three optional prelude encounters that guide you into the world of Krynn. Amy Dallen is joined by Eugenio Vargas to share some details about how these opening preludes work and some advice on using them in your own D&D games.

There is also information on the three short 'prelude' adventures which introduce players to the world of Krynn:
  • Eye in the Sky -- ideal for sorcerers, warlocks, wizards, or others seeking to become members of the Mages of High Sorcery.
  • Broken Silence -- ideal for clerics, druids, paladins, and other characters with god-given powers.
  • Scales of War -- ideal for any character and reveals the mysterious draconians.
The article discusses Session Zero for the campaign and outlines what to expect in a Dragonlance game -- war, death, refugees, and so on.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
My thoughts on the running commentary on this thread...

The more threads that get made on Dragonlance, the more the comments seem to stay the same...

:confused:

I could swear we've had this exact same conversation three times in the past week in every thread on Dragonlance...Deja Vu...is this a glitch in the Matrix...
Every. Single. One. Perhaps we need a thread where people can discuss this particular thing.....I like the idea of starter adventures to introduce some lore and stuff. I hope they are good.

A warlord class for 5th Ed? It could be possible a playtesting version in D&D One. I imagine the warlord as a martial adept focused in the school of the white raven. But it needs not only the right power balance, but a fun gameplay and fast+simple combat. at least to can play with a warlord as boss enemy nPC.

If you want to play a known fantasy world then maybe you don't want to add too many changes, but some times these could be necessary for a better gameplay. Other retcons could be possible to fix some plothole.

A warlord class for 5th Ed? It could be possible a playtesting version in D&D One. I imagine the warlord as a martial adept focused in the school of the white raven. But it needs not only the right power balance, but a fun gameplay and fast+simple combat. at least to can play with a warlord as boss enemy nPC.

If you want to play a known fantasy world then maybe you don't want to add too many changes, but some times these could be necessary for a better gameplay. Other retcons could be possible to fix some plothole.
I wish we would get a warlord... I made a big push but I am loseing hope

The Perechon

Villager
I don't see a pre-Goldmoon cleric as a problem either. Riverwind found the blue crystal staff a year earlier (and Mishakal appeared to him in the process). Solinari, Lunitari and Nuitari never really left. And, of course, the prologue to Dragons of Spring Dawning has Fizban showing up at the Inn and rearranging tables before the crew even met. Gods were there and active. Nowhere does it say Habbakuk wasn't out there waking up a particularly pious fisherman or two.

Last edited:

Scribe

Legend
I am a big and longtime DL fan and I cannot fathom why the existence of a cleric prior to Goldmoon would be so devastating to the setting.

I don't see the a pre-Goldmoon cleric as a problem either. Riverwind found the blue crystal staff a year earlier (and Mishakal appeared to him in the process). Solinari, Lunitari and Nuitari never really left. And, of course, the prologue to Dragons of Spring Dawning has Fizban showing up at the Inn and rearranging tables before the crew even met. Gods were there and active. Nowhere does it say Habbakuk wasn't out there waking up a particularly pious fisherman or two.

Because, thats simply not how it went?

Goldmoon was the vehicle through which the God's/Faith/Whatever, was returned to the public. It just is.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads