• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance Dragonlance Adventure & Prelude Details Revealed

Over on DND Beyond Amy Dallen and Eugenio Vargas discuss the beginning of Shadow of ther Dragon Queen and provide some advice on running it. https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/1372-running-a-session-zero-for-dragonlance-shadow-of This epic war story begins with an invitation to a friend's funeral and three optional prelude encounters that guide you into the world of Krynn. Amy Dallen is...

Over on DND Beyond Amy Dallen and Eugenio Vargas discuss the beginning of Shadow of ther Dragon Queen and provide some advice on running it.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.27.17 AM.png

This epic war story begins with an invitation to a friend's funeral and three optional prelude encounters that guide you into the world of Krynn. Amy Dallen is joined by Eugenio Vargas to share some details about how these opening preludes work and some advice on using them in your own D&D games.

There is also information on the three short 'prelude' adventures which introduce players to the world of Krynn:
  • Eye in the Sky -- ideal for sorcerers, warlocks, wizards, or others seeking to become members of the Mages of High Sorcery.
  • Broken Silence -- ideal for clerics, druids, paladins, and other characters with god-given powers.
  • Scales of War -- ideal for any character and reveals the mysterious draconians.
The article discusses Session Zero for the campaign and outlines what to expect in a Dragonlance game -- war, death, refugees, and so on.

Scribe

Legend
hasn't this thread an entire set of examples of gods intervening before that?

Maybe, I dont know. The question seemed simple enough though depending on the perspective taken. The God's were, seemingly, not active in the world until Goldmoon turned up.

That said, its been an extremely long time since I read the novels, and people seemingly think retcon's are fine these days, so... /shrug

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
hasn't this thread an entire set of examples of gods intervening before that?
Intervening is fine. Creating Clerics/Druids/etc is different. The gods never announced themselves. They went around acting like mortals. What Riverwind saw he thought was a fever dream, it wasnt until later he found it it was a god handing him the staff (via an animated statue of said god, I believe)

Mishakal didn't make any until Goldmoon. Paladine didn't make any until Elistan read the Disks.

Either after Goldmoon or after Elistan the other gods started making Clerics. Like in the new novel by Weis and Hickman. Chislev appears to a nature lover and makes her a priestess midway through the war. I believe sometime after Sturm dies, if I recall correctly from reading it. (As the main characters father dies in that battle, and her mother becomes a priestess shortly afterwards)

Stormonu

Legend
This is false. One evil god had clerics. Until Goldmoon that is. Pointing to Verminaard isn't proof of anything other than yet other established lore. It in no way shows or even implies that other gods were around prior to Goldmoon bringing them back. So yes, it does in fact change the established lore unless the PC is a cleric of Takhisis.
Don't forget about Wyrllish and Dracart - human priests of Takhisis in Neraka who were instrumental in creating the ritual to corrupt the dragon eggs. They've obviously been around to found the Draconian army for the war. Takhisis was obviously investing in several clerics, and while my memory is fairly faulty I seem to remember it being implied Nunitari was involved with the plot to corrupt the eggs.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Don't forget about Wyrllish and Dracart - human priests of Takhisis in Neraka who were instrumental in creating the ritual to corrupt the dragon eggs. They've obviously been around to found the Draconian army for the war. Takhisis was obviously investing in several clerics, and while my memory is fairly faulty I seem to remember it being implied Nunitari was involved with the plot to corrupt the eggs.
So help me out. I'm not up on my Dragonlance lore. How many draconians come from each egg? For there to be armies of draconians sweeping across the continent there's got to be a few hundred thousand of them. That's a lot of dragon eggs at a 1:1 ratio.

So help me out. I'm not up on my Dragonlance lore. How many draconians come from each egg? For there to be armies of draconians sweeping across the continent there's got to be a few hundred thousand of them. That's a lot of dragon eggs at a 1:1 ratio.
in previous threads we had two different canon answers. either 2-6 or 1. I think that may get glossed over in 5e

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Fair enough. It doesn't change my point that the only one prior to Goldmoon bringing back the gods was Takhisis, though. :)

overgeeked

B/X Known World
in previous threads we had two different canon answers. either 2-6 or 1. I think that may get glossed over in 5e
Definitely glossed over in 5E. That's their shtick.
It couldn't be one. There weren't enough good dragons to make enough eggs to populate the draconian armies on a 1 to 1 basis. It had to be at LEAST 6 to cover those numbers.
It's also kinda silly. If you're going to have to take one dragon egg and corrupt it to make one draconian, why not corrupt the dragon egg to turn the dragon evil? One dragon is way stronger than one draconian. Seems silly.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads