• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance Dragonlance Adventure & Prelude Details Revealed

Over on DND Beyond Amy Dallen and Eugenio Vargas discuss the beginning of Shadow of ther Dragon Queen and provide some advice on running it. https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/1372-running-a-session-zero-for-dragonlance-shadow-of This epic war story begins with an invitation to a friend's funeral and three optional prelude encounters that guide you into the world of Krynn. Amy Dallen is...

Over on DND Beyond Amy Dallen and Eugenio Vargas discuss the beginning of Shadow of ther Dragon Queen and provide some advice on running it.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.27.17 AM.png

This epic war story begins with an invitation to a friend's funeral and three optional prelude encounters that guide you into the world of Krynn. Amy Dallen is joined by Eugenio Vargas to share some details about how these opening preludes work and some advice on using them in your own D&D games.

There is also information on the three short 'prelude' adventures which introduce players to the world of Krynn:
  • Eye in the Sky -- ideal for sorcerers, warlocks, wizards, or others seeking to become members of the Mages of High Sorcery.
  • Broken Silence -- ideal for clerics, druids, paladins, and other characters with god-given powers.
  • Scales of War -- ideal for any character and reveals the mysterious draconians.
The article discusses Session Zero for the campaign and outlines what to expect in a Dragonlance game -- war, death, refugees, and so on.

Looks like the numbers changed from looking it up. Ecology of the Draconian states you get 1 or two Auruks from a Gold Egg and as many as 20 Baaz form a Brass with the number.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
So help me out. I'm not up on my Dragonlance lore. How many draconians come from each egg? For there to be armies of draconians sweeping across the continent there's got to be a few hundred thousand of them. That's a lot of dragon eggs at a 1:1 ratio.
According to Weis "Many"

Scribe

Legend
I mean if you played the original it was possible the fail, which would give you a completely different ending than the novels. For an RPG product l, the actual RPG experience is always more important to me. I’m not here to play someone else’s story after all.

Yes, thats fine. I'm not sure I need to see how Wizard's rehashes it anyway.

I mean we have Good black robes right?

dmar

Explorer
Because, thats simply not how it went?

Goldmoon was the vehicle through which the God's/Faith/Whatever, was returned to the public. It just is.

It did not "go" in any manner.

It is an RPG. It WILL "go" the way your players make it.

It is still Dragonlance without Goldmoon exclusivity. But better, because you and your players made it yours.

Voidrunner's Codex

Related Articles

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads