• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance Dragonlance Adventure & Prelude Details Revealed

Over on DND Beyond Amy Dallen and Eugenio Vargas discuss the beginning of Shadow of ther Dragon Queen and provide some advice on running it. https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/1372-running-a-session-zero-for-dragonlance-shadow-of This epic war story begins with an invitation to a friend's funeral and three optional prelude encounters that guide you into the world of Krynn. Amy Dallen is...

Over on DND Beyond Amy Dallen and Eugenio Vargas discuss the beginning of Shadow of ther Dragon Queen and provide some advice on running it.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.27.17 AM.png

This epic war story begins with an invitation to a friend's funeral and three optional prelude encounters that guide you into the world of Krynn. Amy Dallen is joined by Eugenio Vargas to share some details about how these opening preludes work and some advice on using them in your own D&D games.

There is also information on the three short 'prelude' adventures which introduce players to the world of Krynn:
  • Eye in the Sky -- ideal for sorcerers, warlocks, wizards, or others seeking to become members of the Mages of High Sorcery.
  • Broken Silence -- ideal for clerics, druids, paladins, and other characters with god-given powers.
  • Scales of War -- ideal for any character and reveals the mysterious draconians.
The article discusses Session Zero for the campaign and outlines what to expect in a Dragonlance game -- war, death, refugees, and so on.

I think their objection is it's incredibly deceptive to print a book called "Dragonlance" that fans of the previous stuff would see and not realize they changed a bunch of stuff so it might not be the world they're familiar with and wanting to revisit. If they at least on the back or near the front of the book put a small little blurb saying "this is Dragonlance reimagined", it won't look like they're just trying to cash in on an old IP.

Is that about accurate @Micah Sweet?
except they keep quoteing me... and I said I want that too... I think in the forward or beginning of the first chapiter is best.

Scribe

Legend
If they at least on the back or near the front of the book put a small little blurb saying "this is Dragonlance reimagined", it won't look like they're just trying to cash in on an old IP.

Which, lets be real is exactly why they are calling it Dragonlance.

I like tasselhoff When I read the books he was my 2nd favorite character. I just don't want a whole race of him as an individual thrown out into gaming without some limits (Ironically the limits you wouldn't need if you were writing a story)

Man, I cried as a kid when he was fumbling with the lock, I think 2nd book?

Anyway, I dont have issue with Kender, I have issue with disruptive players. They are not the same, and a culture that has no concept of property is not an excuse for disruption at the table.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
except they keep quoteing me... and I said I want that too... I think in the forward or beginning of the first chapiter is best.
I'd rather they didn't do the sort of re-imagining you want at all, really. But, if they're going to anyway, they should be clear, in the book, that that's what it is.

I agree. They never should have reprinted Dragonlance.

Not official material or content ever again. Just lay on that IP like a dragon on its hoard. It's what all real fans want for their favorite settings: obsolescence.
Yeah, I don't agree with the objections entirely but I also don't see anything being discussed in the promo videos as being a HUGE departure from the setting that was my gateway into D&D years ago. I've heard people say "no one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans" and I think you could pretty much replace the name Star Wars in that quote with pretty much any fan base that's been around long enough.

Anyway, I dont have issue with Kender, I have issue with disruptive players. They are not the same, and a culture that has no concept of property is not an excuse for disruption at the table.
if I was the only one (and for years I thought I was until about 2003) that ran into players that would not be problems for a dozen characters then be one for kender, I would agree.

Not every kender I saw of the 7 I haveseenplayed I will cut 1 out (she was always a problem player so as you said) the 6 that were played by people who were not problems 5 became problems and the 1 that didn't went out of her way NOT TO FOLLOW THE ADVICE IN THE BOOK... but when I went to gen con in 2000 and 2002 I didn't have reason to talk about it... in 2003 when I was at Gen COn someone mentioned the problems THEY had, and they sounded the same.

So that night after a night game a bunch of us went for burgers and drinks, and this is 9 of us only 1 from my group and me ad 7 strangers... we ALL had stories. later around teh time people on here were sharing similar issues I found the NSFW editedd version of the kender page and shared it with not only my old friends but some new ones... and you know what those new friends said? THEY TOO had stories of it happening.

Yeah, I don't agree with the objections entirely but I also don't see anything being discussed in the promo videos as being a HUGE departure from the setting that was my gateway into D&D years ago. I've heard people say "no one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans" and I think you could pretty much replace the name Star Wars in that quote with pretty much any fan base that's been around long enough.
This.

It's funny how the more contentious conversations around here have flipped from "WotC must allow everything in DL" to "WotC must allow no changes at all in DL...

Scribe

Legend
This.

It's funny how the more contentious conversations around here have flipped from "WotC must allow everything in DL" to "WotC must allow no changes at all in DL...

Have no fear, I've never wanted 'everything' in an already established setting that did not include 'everything'. :)

This.

Have no fear, I've never wanted 'everything' in an already established setting that did not include 'everything'. :)
i mean if you hear you guys tell it I want chosen of mystra defilers in dragon... you know what I am making a thread

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads