• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance Dragonlance Adventure & Prelude Details Revealed

Over on DND Beyond Amy Dallen and Eugenio Vargas discuss the beginning of Shadow of ther Dragon Queen and provide some advice on running it. https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/1372-running-a-session-zero-for-dragonlance-shadow-of This epic war story begins with an invitation to a friend's funeral and three optional prelude encounters that guide you into the world of Krynn. Amy Dallen is...

Over on DND Beyond Amy Dallen and Eugenio Vargas discuss the beginning of Shadow of ther Dragon Queen and provide some advice on running it.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.27.17 AM.png

This epic war story begins with an invitation to a friend's funeral and three optional prelude encounters that guide you into the world of Krynn. Amy Dallen is joined by Eugenio Vargas to share some details about how these opening preludes work and some advice on using them in your own D&D games.

There is also information on the three short 'prelude' adventures which introduce players to the world of Krynn:
  • Eye in the Sky -- ideal for sorcerers, warlocks, wizards, or others seeking to become members of the Mages of High Sorcery.
  • Broken Silence -- ideal for clerics, druids, paladins, and other characters with god-given powers.
  • Scales of War -- ideal for any character and reveals the mysterious draconians.
The article discusses Session Zero for the campaign and outlines what to expect in a Dragonlance game -- war, death, refugees, and so on.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Eh. Nothing more evil about that pic than there is in playing an infernal warlock with an imp pact familiar, which last I checked didn't an alignment requirement.
True, but why wear all the trappings? You need a pretty...interesting story to be an infernal warlock with an imp familiar who's not evil. A player can play what they want, but certain job descriptions really lend themselves to dark behavior.

Vaalingrade

Legend
Ambition!

They are Slytherin, so no one can worry about them not being plainly evil; they just don't declare it like a bunch of goobers.

... Firefox knows how to correct Slytherin. It struggles with most misspellings of 'maintenance', but Slytherin? No problem, bro.

True, but why wear all the trappings? You need a pretty...interesting story to be an infernal warlock with an imp familiar who's not evil. A player can play what they want, but certain job descriptions really lend themselves to dark behavior.
why do you think it is hard to come up with a basic back story for a fiend pact chain pact warlock? like that is one of the most common things I have seen and not 1 was evil

Micah Sweet

even then there is nothing evil in the pick at all... I could play a LG wizard that like dark robes and look like that
I don't know. That look in their eye implies a hunger that's not exactly wholesome. And why aren't white and red robes ambitious? How far can you get as a wizard without ambition?

Scribe

Legend
Everything about that image says "evil caster" except the lack of the word evil.
Yeah but if we dont say the word, it allows people to make up whatever justifications and definitions they want. Which they can already do (see Monster Manual example) but you know, they need more than being told they can do it...

Micah Sweet

why do you think it is hard to come up with a basic back story for a fiend pact chain pact warlock? like that is one of the most common things I have seen and not 1 was evil
In my experience, non-evil PCs with those jobs exist because the player likes the mechanics, and being evil tends to mess with the party dynamic, so people "go along".

Of course, it doesn't have to be that way. Sometimes a player has something to prove. The old, "there is too such a thing as a good necromancer" thing. Even then, liking the mechanics and maintaining a stable party play a big role.

Voidrunner's Codex

Related Articles

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads