Dragonlance Dragonlance Adventure & Prelude Details Revealed

Over on DND Beyond Amy Dallen and Eugenio Vargas discuss the beginning of Shadow of ther Dragon Queen and provide some advice on running it. https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/1372-running-a-session-zero-for-dragonlance-shadow-of This epic war story begins with an invitation to a friend's funeral and three optional prelude encounters that guide you into the world of Krynn. Amy Dallen is...

Over on DND Beyond Amy Dallen and Eugenio Vargas discuss the beginning of Shadow of ther Dragon Queen and provide some advice on running it.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.27.17 AM.png

This epic war story begins with an invitation to a friend's funeral and three optional prelude encounters that guide you into the world of Krynn. Amy Dallen is joined by Eugenio Vargas to share some details about how these opening preludes work and some advice on using them in your own D&D games.

There is also information on the three short 'prelude' adventures which introduce players to the world of Krynn:
  • Eye in the Sky -- ideal for sorcerers, warlocks, wizards, or others seeking to become members of the Mages of High Sorcery.
  • Broken Silence -- ideal for clerics, druids, paladins, and other characters with god-given powers.
  • Scales of War -- ideal for any character and reveals the mysterious draconians.
The article discusses Session Zero for the campaign and outlines what to expect in a Dragonlance game -- war, death, refugees, and so on.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
They're gods. They literally are cosmic forces.

Again, Faerun doesn't divide its pantheon into "Good and Evil" gods. It is actually a lot more like the mythology it draws from. Dragonlance labels its pantheons with morality. If the gods don't act like their morality says they should, either the setting has done morality incorrectly, or it has mislabeled the gods.

Also, I believe it was Mystara that had the "Immortals" as its version of gods, which were just ascended mortals. IIRC, one of them was a T-Rex.
An he made Hollow World which will never ever see the light of day in modern D&D

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
As I said earlier, if the setting wanted to have two extreme cosmic concepts that are equally bad, then Law and Chaos would have worked perfectly. If it didn't want to be judged by its use of morality, then it shouldn't have made "Both sides are equally bad" for literal Good verses literal Evil.
The Dragonlance Campaign Setting may not be for you then. As I said, the new book pretty much holds with the old ways, including the teams for the gods and the Good gods being part of the Cataclysm. Player stuff is open to accommodate all of WotC's new player base, but lore is mostly what it was.

Scribe

Legend
The Dragonlance Campaign Setting may not be for you then. As I said, the new book pretty much holds with the old ways, including the teams for the gods and the Good gods being part of the Cataclysm. Player stuff is open to accommodate all of WotC's new player base, but lore is mostly what it was.

Yeah, if not for that Order/Alignment thing that was a deal breaker for me, this seems mostly on par with what I was thinking it would be. Oh well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Related Articles

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads