Dragonlance Dragonlance Adventure & Prelude Details Revealed

Over on DND Beyond Amy Dallen and Eugenio Vargas discuss the beginning of Shadow of ther Dragon Queen and provide some advice on running it.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.27.17 AM.png

This epic war story begins with an invitation to a friend's funeral and three optional prelude encounters that guide you into the world of Krynn. Amy Dallen is joined by Eugenio Vargas to share some details about how these opening preludes work and some advice on using them in your own D&D games.

There is also information on the three short 'prelude' adventures which introduce players to the world of Krynn:
  • Eye in the Sky -- ideal for sorcerers, warlocks, wizards, or others seeking to become members of the Mages of High Sorcery.
  • Broken Silence -- ideal for clerics, druids, paladins, and other characters with god-given powers.
  • Scales of War -- ideal for any character and reveals the mysterious draconians.
The article discusses Session Zero for the campaign and outlines what to expect in a Dragonlance game -- war, death, refugees, and so on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Except, you know, the elves who lived through it and are still around to tell all the people rediscovering the gods of their forefathers exactly what went down and why they might ought to be skeptical of the gods' intentions.
Were the Elves just as quick to accept the return of the "Good" Gods as the other races in the novels? Because, IMO, I feel like they would be an ideal candidate for Dragonlance's "antitheistic" faction. They're old enough to remember the Cataclysm. It's just logical that they would be more inclined to reject the gods that had a part in it.

Eubani

Legend
Were the Elves just as quick to accept the return of the "Good" Gods as the other races in the novels? Because, IMO, I feel like they would be an ideal candidate for Dragonlance's "antitheistic" faction. They're old enough to remember the Cataclysm. It's just logical that they would be more inclined to reject the gods that had a part in it.
The elves didn't stop worshipping them despite being put on block. Same with Dwarves an Reorx.

Scribe

Legend
Right. So is taking away his free will and making him act in a moral way a good or bad act. If free will is always good, then taking away Alex's free will would be evil. But Alex is willfully evil, and thus stopping him and making him act moral is good...

Wild...honestly.

You put him in prison. You do not remove free will. lol

I mean I play LE characters. A lot. Have for decades. I do so not because I believe its GOOD.

I mean are we honestly proposing that mass brainwashing, 'there is only One True Way' is the solution to lifes problems?

EDIT: I am honestly hoping I am misinterpreting your comment's and the logical conclusion here, because I dont believe what you are suggesting, is in any way shape or form GOOD, but is actually a line of thought that leads to the kind of authoritarian, big brother, 1984, DYSTOPIA that we are seemingly on track for.

Please, let me be wrong here.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
The elves didn't stop worshipping them despite being put on block. Same with Dwarves an Reorx.
Yeah, that seems dumb. IMO, if the Elves knew their role in the Cataclysm (and they should have at least suspected, if not known, due to the Gods leaving after the Cataclsym), they wouldn't/shouldn't have worshipped them.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases