Dragonlance - Adventures during the Age of Despair

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Eric climbs swiftly to the top of the ladder and takes up a defensive position in front of Eton.

Grimacing, Jerol reaches out to the grasses and vines, even attempting to find a spark of life still lingering in the wood of the palisade. He wills them all to bind fast the two guards, to entangle them. The wooden platform springs to life at the command of Jerol completely entwining the guard with the horn while only slightly hindering the other guard.

Taking aim at Eton with his shortbow the guard fires an arrow which whizzes past Eton's ear and curses in frustration.

"By Chemosh! He must not warn the others" tells Eton as he climb on the wall to be ready to jump down. He draws his crossbow and shoots at the horn, but the bolt flies next to the guard and finish on the wall. "By Chemosh! How I can miss a so easy target."

Initiative
Eric (19) - Climbs ladder (full round action) and draws sword (free action).
Jerol (17 ) -Cast Entangle then begins climbing ladder. Saving Throws G1 19 vs DC 13, G2 9 vs DC 13.
Guard1 (12) - Attacks Eton. 12 vs AC, miss.
Eton (11) - Fires at horn. Miss.
Guard2 (5) - Prepares to blow horn to sound alarm. Entangled.

[SBLOCK=Dice Rolls & Combat Notes]
Let me do all dice rolls please. that way if I decide to fudge some rolls in your favour or for thematic reason I can.

Also when posting for combat, can you all please include relavant combat details (AC, HP's att/dam mods etc) as this will save me having to look thru your character sheets and possibly using the wrong figures. Thanks
[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
"Go on, you jump first" tells Eton to Jerol "I'll follow, Eric will be last." Eton reload his crossbow and aim again at the horn. "Just wish he doesn't warn everyone, that would give us some time."

[SBLOCK=Stats]WP: 14/14
VP:20/20
AC: 12 (16 in armor)
Attack: +4 Dam: 1d8
Add +1 to both if within 30 feet.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
As soon as he pulls himself up onto the catwalk, Jerol rushes to the other side and, using one hand to propel himself, vaults over the side to land on the ground below.

[sblock=Stats]
WP/VP: 12/21
AC: 14, Touch 12, Flat-Footed 12
Spells Left: 6/5
Tumble Modifier: +2
[/sblock]

Lord_Raven88

First Post
"Go on, you jump first" tells Eton to Jerol "I'll follow, Eric will be last."

Reaching the top of the ladder Jerol continues over the wall and drops 15 feet to the ground below twisting his ankle in the process (6 VP)

The guard with the shortbow sights upon the crossbow wielding Eton and once again misses Eton by a country mile.

As the guard with the horn wrenches it free from entanglement he turn to face the town square presenting his profile to the group.

Eton reload his crossbow and aims again at the horn. "Just wish he doesn't warn everyone, that would give us some time." sighting down its length Eton pulls the trigger and watches in delight as his bolt cleanly hits the horn, knocking it out of the guards hand carrying it beyond his reach.

Initiative
Eric (19) - Readied Action.
Jerol (17 ) - Move action to reach platform, move action to jump over the side. Tumble Check 8 vs DC 15, failure.
Guard1 (12) - Attacks Eton. 4 vs AC 16, miss.
Eton (11) - Fires at horn. 13 vs AC 13, hits for 3 damage.
Guard2 (5) - Prepares to blow horn to sound alarm (Entangled). Reflex save to hold on to horn 5 vs DC13, failure.

Velmont

First Post
"Nice town you have, and I'm really sorry for the man, but it seems someone wanted to blame us for that, that's why we leave. Good night!" tells Eton before leaping down the wall.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
"Nice town you have, and I'm really sorry for the man, but it seems someone wanted to blame us for that, that's why we leave. Good night!" tells Eton before leaping down the wall landing with a thud (4 VP).

Moments later Eric lands smoothly beside both Eton & Jerol and within seconds the three of you are making steady progress away from Portsmith.

Speaking in his deep baritone Eric addresses his new travelling companions "So where to next? We can head north towards Coastlund hugging the coastline, there aren't many communities up north and we might run the risk of boxing ourselves in. Other than that we can head east towards the Vingaaard mountains, or travel south skirting the mountains and then heading towards the plains of Solamnia"

Jogging next to Jerol and Eton, Eric gaze drops down to Eton's feet "We also better find something to put on your feet, otherwise you'll be struggling to walk in less than a day."

Velmont

First Post
"Yes, some new boots would be a good idea." answers Eton as he continue to move foward. "But we should, for now, just put as much distance as we can from that town, or they will be on our track soon. We gained a few minutes with that horn I broke, but the guard must ahve good lungs anyway."

Kaodi

Hero
" I not know land well. We in Ergoth, I know good places to hide, but no Ergoth. Trapping us and mountains no seem good though, maybe south, " says Jerol.

Velmont

First Post
"It's been ages I havn't been in Solamnia, and I never relly get far from the high Clerist Tower, but I think it's our best option. Let's go south." approves Eton.

Land Outcast

Explorer
"We could always try Ironrock fortress to the east, I don't know wether it is inhabited or not, but if we must move south...
South of here lies a pretty small village. Gwyntarr. Small village, if they go searching for us they will sure find someone who can tell where we went..."
Eric smiles at himself, but the gesture is lost in the darkness, were he alone he would simply spend a month of so in the wilderness.

"We have two options then, get hold of some horses and get to Gwyntarr and continue south, that night we turn around and start an undercover journey northwards.
The other choice is more risky but less straining: get into a ship at Gwyntarr."

Still running under the black sky, Eric remains silent. He is scanning the terrain, and spares a look back to Porsmith to see if he can make out any torches alight after them.

"Either way, we must be ready to sneak past seekers. They will send their men on horse to the nearby settlements...
Anyone who bothers to send a severed head in your room will bother to send hounds after you"

Remove ads