D&D 5E Dragonlance book (180 pages) for players & DMs coming December 6!

Splinterverse

Explorer
Publisher
Absolutely generous for ya to do something like that and the price itself for the PDF is a flipping steal! Consider me a happy customer once Dec 6th gets here!
Thank you. Yes, we aim to keep our prices for all of our books affordable. We know it is costly to keep up with all the great options out there, and we want to make sure we are offering quality at a reasonable price.

It will be but not at launch due to the amount of time it takes to prepare the files on the printer's side and the print proof process. I'd expect within about a month of launch, it will be available. That said, if you choose to purchase the digital edition before the hardcover comes out, just email me your receipt or screen cap of proof of purchase, and I'll send you a discount to get the hardcover at essentially what the cost would've been if you had bought the digital + hardcover bundle. That way you can use it day one digitally and then get the POD without incurring more cost than you would have if POD+digital had been available day 1.
I'm ignorant to how DM's Guild works for publishers wishing to have a POD option for their product. Will there be hardcover and softcover options? Not sure if that's a different process on your end.

Splinterverse

Explorer
Publisher
I'm ignorant to how DM's Guild works for publishers wishing to have a POD option for their product. Will there be hardcover and softcover options? Not sure if that's a different process on your end.
Hey there! Unlike DriveThruRPG, creators on DM's Guild are limited on whether they can offer POD. You have to have at least a Gold bestselling title to submit your title for POD. Once you've met that requirement, you can publish hardcover or softcover or both as well as paper type variations (premium color vs. standard color).

In our experience, there isn't a detectable difference between the premium and standard color. (Our research also shows that the difference between them would be more noticeable when publishing a coffee table book of photos or something along those lines.) Premium color is also much more expensive, which means the customer price would have to go up. Since there isn't a noticeable difference with premium and it would cause the customer cost to raise, we plan to only offer standard color.

As for hardcover or softcover, we have historically offered one or both options. For this one, we're only planning hardcover at this time, mostly due to its size (180 pages). If there's enough interest in softcover though, we might add that later on.

Hey there! Unlike DriveThruRPG, creators on DM's Guild are limited on whether they can offer POD. You have to have at least a Gold bestselling title to submit your title for POD. Once you've met that requirement, you can publish hardcover or softcover or both as well as paper type variations (premium color vs. standard color).

In our experience, there isn't a detectable difference between the premium and standard color. (Our research also shows that the difference between them would be more noticeable when publishing a coffee table book of photos or something along those lines.) Premium color is also much more expensive, which means the customer price would have to go up. Since there isn't a noticeable difference with premium and it would cause the customer cost to raise, we plan to only offer standard color.

As for hardcover or softcover, we have historically offered one or both options. For this one, we're only planning hardcover at this time, mostly due to its size (180 pages). If there's enough interest in softcover though, we might add that later on.
Appreciate the insight into how DM's Guild selects who can offer POD. Good to hear it is in the plans, I'll definitely buy the PDF next week. I was hoping for a hardcover print option so happy to hear that's the plan.

dave2008

Legend
Sure. Here's an image of the credits section. A number of the designers have worked on Splinterverse Media titles previously, but many have other DM's Guild or OGL (such as DriveThruRPG) titles to their names as well.

The image is from the digital version, which is hyperlinked throughout. The hyperlinks here take you to sites provided by the creators to give you more information on their work.

View attachment 268565
I notice your credits note Weis and the Hickman's as designers of Dragonlance. Why not Grub, the artists or any of the other people you worked to make the setting what it is?

dave2008

Legend
NO offense intended...BUT...

If someone wants a more traditional DL rules thing, I think the fallback would be Tasselhoffs Pouches of Everything.
I had to look it up, and was sad to see you are promoting an illegal book with stolen art.

On a better note, I guess they can release it on the Guild soon, if they take care of the art problem

EDIT: @GreyLord, it appears I may have been mistaken as according to @Dire Bare the authors may have a special license from WotC.

Last edited:

GreyLord

Legend
I had to look it up, and was sad to see you are promoting an illegal book with stolen art.

On a better note, I guess they can release it on the Guild soon, if they take care of the art problem

I didn't realize it was an illegal book with stolen art considering some of those who were involved with it.

Though, now thinking on it more deeply, I guess it depends on who owned the art. Did they use any from the DCLS itself, or was it from other products instead?

Remove ads