Dragonlance Dragonlance cataclysm and a bit about Paladine

So the retcon was that the Gods gave mortals multiple chances to redeem themselves and each try failed. Eventually, they decided to turn Istar off and on again in the hopes they would learn their lesson.

It's still very tough love (and I don't think it will dissuade anyone who saw them as evil) but it did soften it by saying "we kept giving you a chance, you kept blowing it."
I had always thought that this was the case - the multiple chances to stop the Cataclysm, with Soth being the last, best hope. ... until he got waylaid by an elf who revealed about his affair. He ended up not stopping the event, killed the elf who became a banshee, and then sat on his throne as his keep burnt to ashes.

So it's clear that Goldmoon (or 'someone' -heh- ) only realigned the satlink with Mishakkyl in this timeline.
that is what I heard. Goldmoon is only how 1 god came back and all the others you are free to do as PCs...

I love that they even mention how bad the gods called the cataclysm is. They are trying to balance fixing that without making older fans mad. I would have wanted a more rewrite but I will take admiting it is bad and trying to add additional context.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
that is what I heard. Goldmoon is only how 1 god came back and all the others you are free to do as PCs...

I love that they even mention how bad the gods called the cataclysm is. They are trying to balance fixing that without making older fans mad. I would have wanted a more rewrite but I will take admiting it is bad and trying to add additional context.
Context is king. Way to go WotC for threading the needle. I literally didn't think they had it in them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases