• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance Classics: Dragons of Despair

Sen Udo-Mal

First Post
OCC: totally agree that we would generally follow Tanis and assume that is the way we are going

Flint nods his head and looks at Tanis "Well lad, looks to me that everyone trust you, just the way they should. Lead the way."

Jarval

Explorer
"I would favour east. I want to know if those monsters have found my people." Goldmoon looks anxiously at Tanis, hoping the half-elf would chose to head for her tribe's lands.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Riverwind looks to Goldmoon "Chieftan's daughter, while I fear for our people, our last meeting with our people was not on the best of terms." Riverwind winces as he remembers the stoning for daring to suggest he had recieved the staff from the gods.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
The grasslands soon turn to burned stubble underfoot. For miles the once grassy plains are charred. The ashy taste of scorched earth laces the air. Large, heavy creatures have trampled the ground everywhere. Riverwind recognizes the tracks as draconian footprints which first passed south, then returned north.

You continue late into the night, hoping to reach Que-Shu as soon as possible. Riverwind knows the plains well, so you encounter no trouble between the Northfields and Que-Shu. But things are not good when you reach the Plainsman village.

Chill winds scatter the smoke from dying fires in the midst of the village. Birds wheel overhead, descending slowly among the huts. Everything else is still and quiet.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Riverwind follows Goldmoon, intending to keep her safe from those who did this to the village. If they still remain. He thinks to himself who could have done this? The whole tribe gone?

GruTheWanderer

First Post
They are gone. The huts and tents of Que-Shu lie abandoned. A strange, creaking sound comes from the center square of the village.

The birds stare coldly into nothing. They perch atop a strange construction thrown together in the center of the square. Two stout posts have been driven into the ground by unspeakable force, their bases nearly splintered by the impact. Ten feet above the ground, a crosspiece pole is lashed to the two uprights. All the poles are charred an blistered. Three chains, the iron of each cold but apparently once melted, creak in the wind. Suspended from each chain, apparently by the feet, is a corpse. Though blackened and seared, the three bodies are certainly not human. Atop the dark structure, a sign, roughly clawed into a shield, has been staped to the crosspiece with a broken swordblade.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Raistlin with inspect the sign on the shield to interpret it and search the area for any information and/or clues. Of all of the companions, he is clearly the most unaffected by the death and destruction around him.

Jarval

Explorer
Goldmoon stands in the middle of the village, sickened by the destruction around her. She moves close to Riverwind, her arms hugging tightly around the strong Plainsman, her only comfort amid the ruin of her home.

"How many do you think escaped? Some must have survived, they must have." Goldmoon tries to find some hope, but her voice lacks conviction. What could have done this? What are these lizard-men? She leans her head against Riverwind's chest, hoping to hide the tears that well up in her eyes.

Sen Udo-Mal

First Post
Flint bows his head a moment in remembrance of the dead. He then will look around for any clues. He will keep his axe and sheild ready any case there are any hidden enemies about...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads