Dragonlance Dragonlance "Reimagined".

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess having a topic is now gatekeeping. :erm:
No, of course not. The gatekeeping is when someone says something you disagree with, and your response is "why are you even talking about this if you don't intend to buy it?" That's the gatekeeping. The idea that only those who intend to buy the book have any reason to discuss it. That everyone else should butt out. That's the gatekeeping.

It is not gatekeeping to expect people who are weighing forth with an opinion to have at least a basic understanding of the topic.
Gatekeeping is, for example, when you assume that because someone disagrees with you, it must be because they're not as well-read on the topic. They just need to read more to be able to participate in the discussion. That's also gatekeeping. It's not the type of gatekeeping you employed here, but others certainly have in this thread.

If you have an opinion then you should be able to back that up with pesky things like facts. I guess expecting facts is now gatekeeping too. Why bother with facts? All we need is an opinion and an explanation that everyone should listen and respect that opinion.
This is entirely irrelevant to everything I've said, and it's a blatant misrepresentation of my post. And it's very condescending. All-round, a very disappointing response.

DragonBelow

Adventurer
Or maybe the kingpriest's mistake temporarily banished or weakened them.

The Tales of the Lance offers an answer in its "Cause of the Cataclysm" write up. It presents a hypothesis, that is all about the Kingpriest gaining enough power to challenge the gods (who perhaps were severely weakened at the time), and that the Cataclysm was the result of the insane ritual that was supposed to elevate the Kingpriest to godhood

Hussar

Legend
/nope

I made my saving throw once in a while and I know when I'm not adding anything of value to a conversation.

Last edited:

Faolyn

(she/her)
You misunderstood me. I was talking from the point of view of the story, the gods can't come back if they don't first leave. I never said the gods planned it that way, but the writers did.
OK, sorry. I actually got what you meant, I just wrote it incorrectly. But that still sucks because the writers had to make their characters terribly OOC to make something happens, which is not good writing.

DragonBelow

Adventurer
OK, sorry. I actually got what you meant, I just wrote it incorrectly. But that still sucks because the writers had to make their characters terribly OOC to make something happens, which is not good writing.
No worries.

What do you mean by OOC? out of character?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases