Dragonlance Dragonlance: Solamnic Knights & Mages of High Sorcery Preview

WotC has shared another preview of the upcoming Dragonlance setting/adventure with a look at backgrounds and feats for Solamnic Knights and Mages of High Sorcery. Feats include Squire of Solamnia and Initiate of High Sorcery. Interestingly, one prerequisite is "Dragonlance Campaign", which implies that the feats can't be used outside that setting...

WotC has shared another preview of the upcoming Dragonlance setting/adventure with a look at backgrounds and feats for Solamnic Knights and Mages of High Sorcery.

knights-of-solamnia.jpg

Feats include Squire of Solamnia and Initiate of High Sorcery. Interestingly, one prerequisite is "Dragonlance Campaign", which implies that the feats can't be used outside that setting.

Dire Bare

Legend
If they allow women i somehow doubt women would be subject to the mustache rule.

DL has distinct eleven cultures with distinct positions within the War of the Lance. I would be surprised if 5e DL even mentioned it, let alone made it matter.

I didn't say "bad" I said "deep." Good or bad aside, WotC has completely eschewed deep world building. There isn't a single example of it. Even the Forgotten Realms, the most used of 5E settings, doesn't actually get any deep world building.
"Mustache rule"? There is no such thing in the Dragonlance canon, going back to the original novels and games. I just can't take you seriously on this at all.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Yeah, the whole stache controversy is bad comedy. So is the idea that something that was the fashion in the time Huma would stay so hundreds of years later. No fad last that long.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
You guys just keep killing me. Complaining about mustaches based on just a few pieces of artwork. Complaining about mustaches when the actual source material has non-stached knights going back to the original novels and games.

Paladine on a cracker, I'm now in the camp WotC should publish errata for the upcoming book canonically stating all knights have shaved their staches and suffer expulsion from the order should they grow them back . . . just to fuel the foolish fire while I munch popcorn.
I was making a joke. Tough thread.

Reynard

Legend
I would disagree with this. It was a thing common in the '80s and '90s. Some of us like the original Greyhawk and FR box sets precisely because they are not overwrought settings requiring Ph.D.s to understand every nuance. Some people like having flexibility and room to breathe with their settings, which is what I believe is the main philosophy behind 5e settings. What you call shallow worldbuilding, I call a practical DM's toolkit.
Those people are free NOT to buy the follow up setting material.

Remove ads

Remove ads