D&D Movie/TV Dragonlancing TV show being worked on by WotC confirmed

Dioltach

Legend
I started with the audiobooks, right from the start. Listened to every single second while I was on my daily constitutional. I made it as far as the start of Book 7 and realised life's too short to spend another 100 hours of Perrin moping about Faile and Rand moping about everything.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Man, when I first got into the Wheel of Time books, I had so much time on my hands that I was able to read the first 8 books in a week. I didn't do much else than eat and sleep.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I started with the audiobooks, right from the start. Listened to every single second while I was on my daily constitutional. I made it as far as the start of Book 7 and realised life's too short to spend another 100 hours of Perrin moping about Faile and Rand moping about everything.
I'm telling you, it pays off: the end makes it all tie together Ina satisfactory climax and justifies every bit and Bob for all 14 books. It's even worth re-reading in light of the end to see how it all works!

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Nah, it was one of the worse adaptations I’ve seen.

Yeah I still never went past the Trolloc attack in episode 1.

Like we went in knowing stuff would be different. And I could have enjoyed it with Perrin being married and losing her in the attack. It’s not remotely needed and IMO adds literally nothing of worth to the show, but fine whatever. But the moment he kills her, we were done. You can’t salvage that sort of thing.

And then reading reviews and episode summaries, to find out that Egwene kills the whitecloaks…okay so we didn’t take out the scene that serves as the point where Perrins fear of his own violence starts to build…we just moved it to another character and had him murder the wife he didn’t have in the books instead. So, nothing accomplished. Great.

Not to mention that Matt is a different person for absolutely no reason, changing the swords to katanas when we know exactly what Jordan imagined and people have made them and they’re cool and distinctive is just laughably stupid, the changes to Thom are just head-scratchers unless we assume really especially out of touch executives interfering, and the whole show felt like the weaker CW shows.

But even if the rest had been perfect, I wouldn’t give them any of my “engagement” because of what they did with Perrin.
The worst change IMO is Nynaeve immediately jumping into bed with Lan.

She's supposed to be the ONE person who adheres to her traditions over everyone else, like save yourself for marriage. Not to mention the drawn out courtship between the 2.

But of course like every character has has some big changes to their personalities to make it more... CW.

LOL I don’t know why you’re so bent about this, but yeah, I can give credible review. Because my review is about the characters and the tone, and how much it differs from what the author intended for the story, all of which can be determined from synopsis, “internet reviews”, and watching clips of pivotal scenes.

Sorry. We won´t get to a common base here. I liked it. I watched the whole show. I think it is dismissive to call t crapshow if you have not even seen it. This is why I am so adamant about that.

As I already said, it is different. That does not mean it is bad. Even though I also did not like the Kill your wife scene. Even though the actors were no the greatest. But no, watching a few scenes is not enough to get a feeling for the whole thing.

I actually do like it if TV shows don´t try to recreate the book. That is impossible if you don´t want it to be 24 seasons...

Last edited:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
The worst change IMO is Nynaeve immediately jumping into bed with Lan.

She's supposed to be the ONE person who adheres to her traditions over everyone else, like save yourself for marriage. Not to mention the drawn out courtship between the 2.

But of course like every character has has some big changes to their personalities to make it more... CW.
Yeah that’s a wild change, too. Again, very low end CW. Everything must be as sexy and as broody and dramatic as possible. Always. Hot garbage.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Sorry. We won´t get to a common base her. I liked it. I watched the whole show. I think it is dismissive to call t crapshow if you have not even seen it. This is why I am so adamant about that.

As I already said, it is different. That does not mean it is bad. Even though I also did not like the Kill your wife scene. Even though the actors were no the greatest. But no, watching a few scenes is not enough to get a feeling for the whole thing.

I actually do like it if TV shows don´t try to recreate the book. That is impossible if you don´t want it to be 24 seasons...
Wheel of Time fans are the kind who would appreciate 24 seasons, with really slow plot progression oer season.

Broody and dramatic do describe a large swathe of the Wheel of Time, but theybget the mix dead wrong: very little humor in the show, and they never even mention the Flame & the Void, IIRC.
Maybe. But not all bad. I really liked the portrayal of Lan. I am eager to see the second season how things are turning out.

Remove ads