D&D Movie/TV Dragonlancing TV show being worked on by WotC confirmed

This confirms Joe and WotC are working together to make this happen. I'll be surprised if it doesn't.

This also means Rawson's show isn't Dragonlance, which makes me wonder where it is set.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I am very afraid they will change it much like they did The Wheel of Time (which I liked but lets be fair they changed a lot and not for the better).

The only hope is they saw how great The Last of Us did and realize changing every single thing isn't the only way to do things.

Oofta

Legend
Eh ... it's not really confirmation. Or at least nothing that wasn't said before. We have had confirmation that he's working on a documentary

In February 2023, the actor appeared in a video ... he briefly mentioned the documentary and that he was working on a TV series for Wizards of the Coast ... A month before, Wizards confirmed work on a live-action Dungeons & Dragons series. However, it did not mention Manganiello among its creative team ...​
So not really any kind of update, just typical CBR title importance inflation.

I understand your fear, but we are talking about Joe Manganiello. He knows Hollywood and the novels. He may deserve a vote of trust.

We could see some changes, and even if we are lucky and actors aren't recasted because anybody did a wrong action.

I guess we could see a lot of no-Caucasian characters, because Hasbro wants to launch the message "everybody is wellcome in the tabletop!", and in certain way, this was the original spirit of the game, about we are different, but working together as a true team we can reach fabulous goals.

I am very afraid they will change it much like they did The Wheel of Time (which I liked but lets be fair they changed a lot and not for the better).

The only hope is they saw how great The Last of Us did and realize changing every single thing isn't the only way to do things.
WoT had a lot of executive meddling, as well as serious Covid issues in the last couple of episodes, both of which caused massive last-minute re-writes and cuts. Some stuff was still changed beyond that, but it seems that the 2nd season will be closer to the original storyline.

But anyway, given Dragonlance's smaller scope (3 novels - possibly 6 if it goes well - compared to 14), there will be much less need for condensation and reorganization. I'm sure it will still happen, but on a much lesser degree. Heck, if they go a book a season, they may have to add stuff to DoAT to flesh it out enough (the other two books have a lot going on off-screen to help with any issues with run time).

Joe isn't going to let that happen.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Eh ... it's not really confirmation. Or at least nothing that wasn't said before. We have had confirmation that he's working on a documentary

In February 2023, the actor appeared in a video ... he briefly mentioned the documentary and that he was working on a TV series for Wizards of the Coast ... A month before, Wizards confirmed work on a live-action Dungeons & Dragons series. However, it did not mention Manganiello among its creative team ...​
So not really any kind of update, just typical CBR title importance inflation.
Joe's direct quote is that he's working on a live action Dragonlance show

Oofta

Legend
Joe's direct quote is that he's working on a live action Dragonlance show

Which is from a comment made in February while discussing other projects. It's never been confirmed. 🤷‍♂️

I was just noting that there's nothing new in this related to Dragonlance.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
For the sake of accuracy, he said, specifically, in this week's D&D Direct video: "Ultimately it was my love for Dragonlance which opened the door for my involvement with the brand, working tirelessly to develop a live action version of the Dragonance novels that have never been far from my thoughts throughout all these years since I first read them."

Make of that what you will!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases