Dragons of Eternity

Dragonlance Dragons Of Eternity By Margaret Weis And Tracy Hickman Coming August 6, 2024

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Besides, as of SotDQ, sorcerers already are in WotC Dragonlance. The don’t need to do anything with the fiction to make it happen.

Sorcerers have been in DL since the Dragonlance SAGA game technically, although it is not the same as the 5E Sorcerer. The 3.5 supplements had to use the default 3.5 Sorcerer with some tweaks to the flavor (DL Sorcerers are not Bloodline based, but learn their magic like Wizards). I have no idea what the Sorcerer in SOTDQ is like because I do not have that book.

Zardnaar

Legend
Sorcerers have been in DL since the Dragonlance SAGA game technically, although it is not the same as the 5E Sorcerer. The 3.5 supplements had to use the default 3.5 Sorcerer with some tweaks to the flavor (DL Sorcerers are not Bloodline based, but learn their magic like Wizards). I have no idea what the Sorcerer in SOTDQ is like because I do not have that book.

Sorceress can fit in most words that allow wizards imho.

Things like Darksun makes no sense to have PHB Dragon Sorcerers.

Athasian sorcerers are fine imho. Similar thing with Warlocks. It's not they can't fit on Athas it's the phb ones aren't a great fit.

It's not bad because they're bad wrong fun and new it's how new stuff is integrated into existing settings that will annoy people.

Reynard

Legend
So despite being a huge DL fan, reading everything from W&H up to and including the War of Souls, the previews from the first book in this trilogy really left me cold. I thought the writing was just bad.

So, sell me on this trilogy.

Zardnaar

Legend
So despite being a huge DL fan, reading everything from W&H up to and including the War of Souls, the previews from the first book in this trilogy really left me cold. I thought the writing was just bad.

So, sell me on this trilogy.

Damn. I couldn't finish War of Souls so Dragons of Sumner Flame was the last novel I enjoyed. Seemed to be an organic conclusion as well.

Snapdragyn

Explorer
I was utterly bored by the first book. Bored enough that I actually rated it 2 stars on Goodreads (I never rate things). Bored enough that I wrote a review (I never write reviews). [Link to review - I hope that's ok? https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4941611721 ]

I've seen a couple of comments on this thread that the 2nd book was really good. So... sell a skeptic on it? If you want. shrug
Damn. I couldn't finish War of Souls so Dragons of Sumner Flame was the last novel I enjoyed. Seemed to be an organic conclusion as well.

Honestly, that was the best trilogy of the series. It wasn't without its uneven portions, but there were some BIG events that really landed well!

Remove ads