Dragons with Cleric spells

Jairami

First Post
I had been trying for most of the day to post Balagos as a counter point from the WotC website. But after further examination of both dragons, I believe it to be just another example of an editor's oversight.

That, given with WotC's wise precedent of moderation in general when ruling on ambiguous text, and the more polished half-fire elemental red dragon, I am more inclined to attribute the dragon entries in the monster manual and SRD as simply poor wording and agree with CRG and ruleslawyer.

Ah well, just means more planning and deviousness! :)

Caliban

Rules Monkey
I e-mailed the Sage about this several months ago, and he forwarded my e-mail to the editor of the Monster Manual.

The response I got confirms what CRGreathouse and ruleslawyer have said, dragons simply have access to spells from the cleric list and the specified domains when selecting their "known" spells.

Last edited:

SableWyvern

Adventurer
Wow.

Amazing what a bit of PR in General can do for a thread.

Thanks guys. I'm going with the general consensus - cleric spells are available to be learnt, not automatically known.

Next time you say anything so succinctly, CR, I'll just accept that you know best. :cool:

Remove ads