DragonStar Guide to Galaxy in my hand

BadMojo

First Post
Well, let's hear about it then! Details...details! Please?

Anything that really caught your attention?

How much setting information do we get?

How much of the book is devoted to magic items and spellware?

Is there alot of information on the various powergroups in Dragonstar?

I can't wait to get my hands on this book...

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Nothing has jumped out at me yet, still reading and checking it out.

The book starts of with a history of how the Dragon Empire was formed, which does give you a few hooks to use. It then goes into the Royal houses, the emperor, trade, and the gods. This to me looked like a trump deck (maybe just my take) and is generic and standard fare.

Next organizations, lots of hooks here and most adventures could be developed from them.

Chapter 4 is the Primogen System and Chapter 5 is Outland Station – these chapters are starter sets. They are used as examples to DMs on planets, adventure ideas, NPCs and such. Again standard fare. I wonder why here and not with the campaign area of the book?

Now for Magic items – This is high tech-weapons and notes of specific items. It also contains the Astral Drive (new engine), spellware and divine spellware. What is listed is standard stuff, boosted reflexes, claws, danger sense, mostly spell abilities in tech.

You then have a few monsters, soulmechs here.

The rest of the book deals with campaign stuff, running Dragonstar (rules), DragonStar campaigns and an adventure.

The book appears standard stuff, very nicely put together and has more information than I make it sound, it is packed with information. Everything so far looks to be balanced and well thought out. The biggest problem I have had with it, is the same I had with the players handbook, it leaves me wanting more! :)

Remove ads