Dragonstar: How was it?

Ranger REG

Explorer
trancejeremy said:
Converting to d20 Modern would sort of miss the point - it's D&D in space/future. And as it was, high tech overshadowed low level magic (which I liked), but in d20 Modern, it would make magic almost pointless.
Not if you have Urban Arcana material.

trancejeremy said:
It was a great idea, and the first book was really good, but it sort of sputtered out, as I got the impression FFG kind of lost interest.
Too bad. They oughta license it out if they can't keep up. (Heck, they oughta license out their defunct Blue Planet brand as well.)

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Ranger REG said:
Too bad. They oughta license it out if they can't keep up. (Heck, they oughta license out their defunct Blue Planet brand as well.)

They did license it out, and the licensors failed to deliver.

Well run companies, of which FFG is one of the few in this industry, make publishing decisions based on sales, not based on some ephemeral notion of "interest" or on how much it's going to be fun to piss off random joe internet gamer.

(Yes Joe G Browning, this means you! BTW, when are we doing dinner? ;) ).

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Psion said:
I don't think it is as good a setting as it is a setup. That is to say, there's lots of fertile roleplaying and campaigning ground their, like the role of paladins and drow, the abstract deities, the expansion of the dragon empire, and so forth. But I sort of feel like they dropped to ball on developing the backstory and politics to provide you with lots of good ideas for game backdrops.

I'll back this up. This is pretty much what I would have said.

It's an awesome product line, with a lot of good information in it. What it really needed was more information on the individual Houses, some regional feats, more information on the Dark Zone, and so forth.

Essentially, it was a great product line whose greatest flaw was that it didn't get enough supplements.

Hmm. Does anyone know if Fantasy Flight has something like an "official fansite" agreement?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases