[Dragonstar] New feats for priests in a technological world

Cabral

First Post
<edit: check out Dragonstar by Fantasy Flight Games >
Technology Priest [General]
Requirements: Ability to cast divine spells, Caster level 5+, Technical Proficiency.

Benefit: Technological Constructs (Soulmechs and Robots) can be affected by positive energy effects as if they were Humanoids or Negative Energy effects as if they were Undead.

Old Way Diciple [General]
Requirements: Spell Caster level 5+, No Technical Proficiency feat*.

Benefit: Technological Constructs (Soulmechs and Robots) can be affected by positive energy effects as if they were Undead or Negative Energy effects as if they were Humanoids.

*Since this require the lack of the Technical Proficiency feat, any character who takes this feat and then later gains the Technical Proficiency feat will lose the Old Way Disciple feat. (They will not be able to select a new feat to replace it.)

Last edited:

UD

First Post
This is basiclly a feat which allows the priest to heal/harm the construct with their spells right? Im thinking maybe you need anougther pre-req, may be a feat, or skill, but not sure which.

Fade

First Post
So the first one allows an evil priest to control a Soulmech, including PCs, like undead? And soulmechs have no turn resistance. I don't like it.

Cabral

First Post
Fade said:
So the first one allows an evil priest to control a Soulmech, including PCs, like undead? And soulmechs have no turn resistance. I don't like it.

Hmm... I forgot about the ability to Control Undead; I was just thinking of Turning vrs Bolstering ...

As for the Turn Resistance, I don't see that as a problem.

Cabral

First Post
Fade said:
Thinking about this again, Technology priest should allow the character to affect non-magical constructs as if they were living beings or Undead (chosen when feat is taken).
Old Ways Disciple should allow a divine spell caster to turn non-magical constructs. Spells (only) would be treated as if the character was Undead or Living or Undead (chosen when feat is taken)
As for lack of turning resistance, you could argue that the 2d10 bonus hp grant the soulmechs +2 bonus hit dice which helps slightly. (prevents them from being destroyed except by a cleric of the soulmech's level +2. If you're still worried about it, you could restrict the feat to only allowing turning, not destruction, of non-magical constructs.

Remove ads