D&D 3E/3.5 Dragonstar to D&D 3.5e

Buddha the DM

Explorer
I'm in the middle of trying to bring the weapons over to D&D 3.5e and I have reached a bit of an impass. Some of the weapons do damage amounts that aren't covered by the scaling table in the dmg. The amounts being similar to 3d8, 3d10, 3d12, 4d8, 4d10, 4d12, 5d8, 5d10, and 5d12. I'm having problems determining what these amounts should scale to, either up or down. Right now I'm more interested in down. I've been using the values listed in the Dragonstar books that I own as the amount for a medium sized weapon. What I'm having problems with is determining the value for small sized versions of those weapons. Could someone please help me with this?

After I am done with bringing the weapons over I plan on working on the classes next.

Last edited:

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Anything with more than 2 dice, we just reduce by 1 die when swapping down to size small, IMC.

So 3d8 => 2d8, 5d12 => 4d12 and so on.

In my Dragonstar Rokugan campaign, we've just been saying that you can get the same guns built to a smaller frame generally speaking. The exceptions are in the heavy one-handed firearms such as submachine guns, that are forced to be two-handed for small creatures.

Of course, in Rokugan, there aren't too many small player races to deal with.

Remove ads