Drak's 5e Character Sheet

Satyrn

First Post
I gave it a quick look. Very nice work. It runs nice and quick on my tablet, and it I think I very well could use it at the table without hassle. The color coding looks like it should making finding things quick, too.

So, very positive feedback . . . now on to the bugs and requests.

The one weird thing I found was having to select the Expertise option found below the Jack of All Trades option before The Expertise option beside each skill would register. It's just rather redundant (and unnecessary) to have to select the "I have Expertise" option first before the "This Skill Gets Expertise" options trigger.

And I sure you're not really going for completeness with all class features, but it feels off to me that the Bard's Jack of All Trades is provided, along with a couple feats, but the Champion's Remarkable Athelete isn't. It's essentially Jack of All (Physical) Trades. I on,y actually bother to mention this because you could slot it into the main page right beneath Jack, replacing that "I have Expertise" option.

that's niggling stuff, though.

What I'd like most from the sheet is quick hit point tracking. Like a macro that displays a dialog to enter the value of my damage or healing and let it do the math and update my current hp.

Again, awesome work.

drak273

Explorer
Hey Satyrn,

Thanks for the feedback. It's really appreciated.

You know I do not have any idea why I didn't make that adjustment to the Expertise before. Although that is why I posted it here so I can get suggestions and fixes. I really like the idea of removing the need for expertise to be checked.

I'll look into adding the Remarkable Athlete, could be a replacement box for Expertise.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

EDIT!: Changes have been made, feel free to redownload the character sheet with the update. I implemented both suggestions because they were great suggestions that applies to any user of the sheet.

Last edited:

Satyrn

First Post
Thumbs up for noticing that Remarkable Athelete rounds up while Jack of All Trades rounds down. I noticed that weirdness last night while testing your sheet.

Reshy

First Post
Doesn't seem like the sheet supports things like modifiers to Armor Class. Defensive Fighting Style and Draconic Skin for instance are unsupported. Defensive is relevant since Sword and Shield is often used in conjunction with one another, but there's no third slot for other modifiers.

Also as for the color coding thing, while that's all good, how often is someone going to need the 70 different fields to fill out for information? Might as well order them as Background -> Racial Abilities -> Feats -> Class 1 Abilities -> Class 2 Abilities -> Class 3 Abilities -> Class 4 Abilities -> Anything Else. But it's unlikely to see more than four classes on any one character, so if it's a concern for you that there be enough fields to support any number of possible combinations, then add support on the main page for more than two classes. Again I'd recommend four since I doubt anyone will have more than that. Still I don't think more than 10 fields is really necessary in 99.9% of cases.

drak273

Explorer
Thank you for bringing up more defensive based stuff. I'll more than likely add Draconic Skin as an armor that Sorcerers can select. As for Defensive fighting style I'll figure a way to get that in there. In the mean time until I do, just add a 1 to the AC column somewhere on the magic sheet. It'll give you the effect until I can add that in there somewhere.

As for the Feats&Features page, I deliberately kept it blank and unorganized. On this page it's specifically there for you to set it up how you want it. Some people may want to organize their features, for example, by level, by combat potency, by class, or maybe by memory (placing the the features you don't remember well at the top). I left that deliberately up to the user. The excess fields can be removed or maybe they want to go the route I originally set it up where you combine cells vs each feature going to a single growing cell. Ultimately that page is completely and totally up to you and how you as a user of the sheet wishes to make use of the page.

As for multiclassing, I'm really stopping at two for this character sheet. If multiclassing beyond two classes is something someone is going to do I'm going to not advise my character sheet. Thank you for bringing it up though, I'll make sure to update my front page so that way people are aware when they read it (if they read it).

Reshy

First Post
Minor Quip: There's some Typos, Persuasion is spelled with an extra S, you have brint instead of print, and a couple other minor mistakes.

drak273

Explorer
Yeah, there's bound to be some typos. My bad on the Persuasion misspell. To expedite the process there are most likely a couple typos in there due to copy and pasting stuff. I tried to catch as much as I could, but some things got past me.

Reshy

First Post
Doesn't seem to be enough spell slots available for multiclass characters. Only 6 1st level slots for spells, which four paladin four bard at paladin 2/bard 1. I'd probably increase the spells per level to 10, since you can't add more rows.

Satyrn

First Post
Doesn't seem to be enough spell slots available for multiclass characters. Only 6 1st level slots for spells, which four paladin four bard at paladin 2/bard 1. I'd probably increase the spells per level to 10, since you can't add more rows.
You can add rows if you unprotect the sheet. Then select a row from the same spell level and paste that over the new row to get the functionality and formatting.

drak273

Explorer
I'll look into expanding the number of rows. As for classes like the Paladin, Cleric, Druid, and Wizard where they either know all of their spells or can know all of their spells, I'll add a reserve off to side where all of the spells can be listed and you can simply select the ones that will be in active use. You will use the Prepared column to determine which spells require preparation or not. After a couple levels when your spells known and spells prepared becomes thinned out between multiple levels, the necessity for a lot of spell rows becomes unnecessary. Which for bards who can learn a whole lot of spells and they are always at the ready so long as the spell slots are available, it'll be prudent to make notes on the ones you're actively using regularly. As for the rest if you want to cast it you can lookup what you have in the "reserves box" and then look up the spell via the "Lookups" sheet and use the spell from there.

Remove ads