Drak's 5e Character Sheet

drak273

Explorer
Saving throw is not an ability check the same way an attack roll is not an ability check. Ability checks are things such as "make an intelligence check to see if you remembered the code" or "roll a Wisdom (Insight) check to see if he's lying." A saving throw is a separate category of rolls that does use an ability modifier to determine the roll but that does not make it an ability check. As confirmation of this I've found the sage advice article with Jeremy Crawford confirming this.

https://www.sageadvice.eu/2014/08/23/jack-of-all-trades-bard/

UglyWeirdo

First Post
I love your sheet and thank you for what must have been a lot of hard work.

Id like to add more lines for melee weapons but cant seem to do so without screwing a bunch of crap up. Can you help me figure out how to move things around safely?

Id also love to figure out a way to switch out jack of all trades and autofill the feats and class abilities relevant to my characters.

drak273

Explorer
Hey UglyWeirdo,

Adding a couple lines is a little complicated. How proficient at excel are you? Manipulating the datasheet could be a bit messy due to how I kind of crammed things in. At most maybe remove the "Note" space below the melee weapons to make room for a couple more. How many weapons is your character making use of at a time?

Shawn Ruester

First Post
Shows up under a Search for a ShadowRun character sheet

For some reason when I search for ShadowRun Character sheets this showed up. Then without reading the full description I downloaded it only to discover it was for D&D 5th edition. Might want to figure out why it's showing up for SR.

drak273

Explorer
Hey Shawn Ruester,

That is probably because the character sheet at one point a long long while back had originally been a Shadowrun character sheet I had found and kept because I liked the layout. But it was obviously for Shadowrun and not for 5e. So when I started playing 5e I pretty much gutted the thing to the extreme but keeping the column and width sizes. I had pretty much restructured everything for 5e including adding in all of the automation. After everything I guess it still had something at it's base still associated to Shadowrun. Weird.

I'll look into this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Update Spell Lists

Hello, Drak~.

I started using the Google Sheets 2.0 version. I was making a Warlock and I noticed that XGE spells were missing (or perhaps some, like the Infestation cantrip.) I was going to update this myself, but the spell list seems to pull from an inaccessible sheet? There didn't appear to be a list of spells in the Data tab anyway.

Is there a way I can gain access to this through the Google Sheets version? (I don't have Excel and OpenOffice Calc doesn't want to load the .xlsx versions.)

EDIT: I figured it out. xD Though Google Sheets crashes when I click on the cell adjacent to CANTRIPS near the bottom where the rows are hidden.

Last edited:

drak273

Explorer
Glad you figured it out. I haven't touched this sheet in a very long time. So it is out of date by a lot. Going on two years in fact.

Remove ads