Drak's 5e Character Sheet

Reshy

First Post
I'm getting a corruption error when I open the sheet.

vfL0eyh.png

drak273

Explorer
Hey Reshy, I can't seem to duplicate the issue. I even downloaded the file to new PC just in case it wasn't an issue on the PC I created it on, but it was for other PCs. I tried both v1.0 and v2.0. Anyone else having issues like Rechy's?

Ladyash963

First Post
I was wondering if you could edit protect the pages without a password. I know that I can use the google docs version, but I am much more familiar with excel. I agree that its a good idea to prevent unintentional changes but if I want to be able to change those things I would like the ability to do so. There are a few things I would like to be able to change, from minor spelling errors (e.g. main page cell k6 should be C1 HP) to calculations that aren't grabbing reference values (e.g. main page cell T41, unarmored agility and draconic resiliance isn't grabbing the mod scores, and adding the weight of coins to carry weight). Also, I am wondering if you were aware that in the look up page in the descriptions, sometimes little music note marks show up randomly (e.g.alter self spell), though that might have something to do with source, looks like they might be at line breaks(found in both office '07 and '10). Also also, being able to trace precedents and dependencies who let me figure out that last 5 pounds of carrying was coming from the weapons on the main page, letting me know I shouldn't add them in multiple locations. Other then those small nit-picks its a great piece of work. If you can't make the changes, or don't want to would it be possible for you to give me the password so I can make the alterations I need?

Last edited:

drak273

Explorer
Hey Ladyash, thank you for the bringing up some fine points. I'm not going to lie I did a lot of copying and pasting of spells for the spell look up section. I tried to do a pretty thorough job, but some still slipped past (like Alter Self and the main page's cell K6 for example)

Three things though:
1) Maybe you have an earlier version of my excel sheet, but under the "Carried Equipment" I did put some notes. One such note mentions that "Armor and Weapons factor into your overall weight total." Also, I never did money as a carried factor. The reason for this is because a lot of gamemasters, including myself, don't even care about the weight of how much gold you are carrying. Don't get me wrong I totally understand the premise off it and in certain settings or campaigns that can be a serious thing. Thus, as one of those things that is very commonly ignored I left it out.

2) When it comes to the Armor Class column next to your selected armor, it doesn't do the math for you. It simply tells you what the math for your AC is. To find out your actual AC you need to look at your AC under your statistics towards the top of the main page. I did it this way so you know what math is going into calculating your AC. As with my group recently found out Magic Armor and Unarmored Defense doesn't stack. I'm hoping by putting it the way I did it helps people like my group members make sure they know how the AC gets calculated.

3) Send me a message.

Thank you so much though. I appreciate the feedback.

Last edited:

Zule

First Post
Hello Drak,

Love the work you have done. I appreciate all the work that has gone into automating everything as well as being a great easy reference for feats and spells. I also like the "contacts" page for future referencing!

The protection seems to be causing me a lot of issues (probably because I prefer excel) - I am playing a bard/sorc 3/3 and unable to add additional 1st level spell slots, or modify the cell widths to allow for a clear description or title of the spells. Would I be able to gain access to the file structure itself to make these modifications? I don't claim to be a wizard (pun intended) in excel so I really want to make use of your work but with the small adjustments that I mentioned.

Thanks much for considering!
Zule

Zule

First Post
Hello Drak,

Thank you very much! I will play around with it tonight and if I have any questions I will definitely let you know.

It really seems like a great character sheet & tool!!

Zule
(2nd post of 5 before I can PM)

superlockon

First Post
Just a quick question, from playing around with the AC settings it look like the sheet adds a default +2 for some reason. I've gone through all the armor menus, the passives, and the Ability Scores but I can't seem to find anything that would add that unless it's built into the sheet. Otherwise this sheet is fantastic!

drak273

Explorer
Make sure that the example magic items have been removed as well. I wanted to leave a completely blank sheet, but thought I'd provide examples of use on some of the pages.

Reshy

First Post
Seems like Jack of All Trades doesn't add to your saving throws like it should. It's supposed to be added to any ability​ check you make, not any skill check. Savings throws, if I recall correctly, are ability checks.

Remove ads