• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dream job or Dream lifestyle

Dream Job or Dream lifestyle

• Dream Job

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Dream lifestyle

Votes: 50 90.9%

DonTadow

First Post
Not sad, more or less just disappointed a bit. That said I always keep a hefty warchest so cash isn't an issue even in this dire job market in michigan. The club luckily is doing great and if everything went crazy we always have at least a business as collateral.

If things go along the current path though, I should be starting a new position back in the writing field by second week November.

Racism in the work place is something I've delt with at other places, and honestly its been tolerable these last couple of years because I was not under the racist. People are always not going to like someone for some reason or another, so thats just a life lesson i learned a long time ago. The guy here would make a remark here or there, and then it would be reported and then he'd settle down. However, i have hit my limit when i again find myself in human resources and she tells me her arms or tied and that my new boss "meant nothing by it".

Yesterday I began the process for an harrassment and discrimination suit because of my lack of human resources ability to do anything. In my findings I discovered this isn't the first suit. Apparently one of the former presidents, a jewish woman, also sued for racial discrimination but settled.

Not sad, more or less just disappointed a bit. That said I always keep a hefty warchest so cash isn't an issue even in this dire job market in michigan. The club luckily is doing great and if everything went crazy we always have at least a business as collateral.

If things go along the current path though, I should be starting a new position back in the writing field by second week November.

Racism in the work place is something I've delt with at other places, and honestly its been tolerable these last couple of years because I was not under the racist. People are always not going to like someone for some reason or another, so thats just a life lesson i learned a long time ago. The guy here would make a remark here or there, and then it would be reported and then he'd settle down. However, i have hit my limit when i again find myself in human resources and she tells me her arms or tied and that my new boss "meant nothing by it".

Yesterday I began the process for an harrassment and discrimination suit because of my lack of human resources ability to do anything. In my findings I discovered this isn't the first suit. Apparently one of the former presidents, a jewish woman, also sued for racial discrimination but settled.

I'm generally not for suing, but in this case I say take him for all that you can. You shouldn't be able to treat people like that. I hope it all works out for you.

Olaf the Stout

Racism / harrassement in the workplace is indeed something no-one should have to deal with. Even if the HR person won't do a thing about it, I suggest you build up a case file and make it known to the president. Or, if this non-profit organization answers to a bigger organization, try to send it even higher in the hierarchy.

You mentioned your wife has a legal career. You could hire her to sue the crap out of that organization.

I hope everything improves.

AR

DonTadow

First Post
Racism / harrassement in the workplace is indeed something no-one should have to deal with. Even if the HR person won't do a thing about it, I suggest you build up a case file and make it known to the president. Or, if this non-profit organization answers to a bigger organization, try to send it even higher in the hierarchy.

You mentioned your wife has a legal career. You could hire her to sue the crap out of that organization.

I hope everything improves.

AR
That's what we're doing, someone from her firm offered to do it probono and I have a ton of documentation we're going through. But talk about rain pouring, the wife lost her job the other day when Chrysler let go of all their legal teams. Time to turn off the lights and get out of michigan

Treebore

First Post
That's what we're doing, someone from her firm offered to do it probono and I have a ton of documentation we're going through. But talk about rain pouring, the wife lost her job the other day when Chrysler let go of all their legal teams. Time to turn off the lights and get out of michigan

Eh, depends on your War Chest and how well your club is doing. Plus how good the lawsuit looks. Which, depending on how solid your documentation backs up your story, will likely be very worth sticking around for.

Plus I bet your wife can find another decent lawyer job, especially if she was a top performer.

Don't let the negativity blind you to the good possibilities. Give it some time to settle down. It sounds like you can afford to give it at least a little time.

Bloosquig

First Post
You made the right decision then so don't regret that. But now you have a problem. Well maybe I should say your about to END your problem.

Go get a lawyer. Sic lawyer on company/individuals. Profit.

This isn't some kind of lamesuit that you see frequently about people grubbing for free cash. This is a legitimate problem you are having that needs to be addressed. And if you just take the abuse and find a new job or god forbid they cook up a reason to fire you because of your skin color then it'll just keep happening.

Trust me, bring the hammer down on them. It'll probably clear out the hostile bosses and make the place a much better place to work out and that will probably make it a much better business in the long run.

and apparently your already doing it. Good for you! Good luck!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Eh, depends on your War Chest and how well your club is doing. Plus how good the lawsuit looks. Which, depending on how solid your documentation backs up your story, will likely be very worth sticking around for.

Well, these things are rarely completed quickly. Lawsuits can take years, and are not dependable sources of income.

Do it for justice. Consider the money to be a pleasing aside.

Treebore

First Post
Well, these things are rarely completed quickly. Lawsuits can take years, and are not dependable sources of income.

Do it for justice. Consider the money to be a pleasing aside.

Right, I was talking more about his burned out on Michigan state of mind.

As for the lawsuit, you fight it better if your where the court is going to be held. So moving away before seeing what positive things can come along to balance out the bad would probably not be best. Plus notice he got married in the two years since he posted his OP. If he had gone for that dream job would he have his wife now?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads