• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Dreams of the Red Wizards: Dead in Thay (spoilers allowed)

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Apparently the kit map they sent out to the stores is VERY nice. I ve been thinking of trying out running 5e , but Im not entirely convinced yet. Just more disappointed I cant get a copy of that map.

Do you think this would be a good adventure to bring in some new players to 5e for the very first time? Also party size standard is what for 5e? 4 or 6?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Apparently the kit map they sent out to the stores is VERY nice. I ve been thinking of trying out running 5e , but Im not entirely convinced yet. Just more disappointed I cant get a copy of that map.

Do you think this would be a good adventure to bring in some new players to 5e for the very first time? Also party size standard is what for 5e? 4 or 6?

If you play this adventure, play the first part (Scourge of the Sword Coast) first, as this builds on what happened there. And I think Scourge is an excellent adventure for new players.

Standard party size is probably 5 characters, but things are a little loose at the moment, so 4-6 should be ok.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Does this module have the most recent version of the D&D Next rules in a quickstart format (or any format)?

Not in a quickstart format, but they have the rules for levels 1-10 as per the last public release of the D&D Next playtest.

(No Bestiary is included, however - only the stats for the monsters in the adventure).

It also provides a number of level 6 pregenerated characters.

Cheers!

zoroaster100

First Post
Does this module use the same stat blocks for monsters as were in the last public playtest packet? Or are there new monster statblocks here that provide insight into how monsters have been shaping up in the rules since the end of the public playtest?

Spreeth

First Post
Another issue that I see PC's having in this module is motivation. The previous module had monetary incentives to motivate the players into assisting Isteval. This module doesn't have any reward offered by Isteval -- except to rid the Sword Coast of the Red Wizard's threat. While this will work for some, there are certain PC's (quite a few of them my own) who will only do such a life-risking quest for gold. Any suggestions as to an amount that Isteval might pay?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads