• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Driving unreasonably fast (ticket rant)

The_lurkeR

First Post
Mark said:
Just curious as to conditions.

And, if I am not mistaken, most of CT has been hovering around 32 degrees, a little over during midday/early afternoon with some chance of melting, and down in the low twenties at night causing some refreezing, is this correct?

Also, driveways? That means at least some residential? Possibly children?

No ice on the road. I've lived in the state all my life so I'm experienced with winter driving and would not have been driving that fast if that was the conditions. I had one experience with black ice back in my teenage years and that was enough.

Yes there are a handful of residences at the beginning, on one side of the road that do have children, but it was not where I was clocked.
Most of the road is just bordered by a large clear plot where they are planning on building a new shopping and apartment complex.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I guess you could try to argue it, but if the speed limit is posted and considering you were doing 220% of it, I doubt you'll make much headway. Maybe you could get a reduced fine by taking traffic school or something? How many tickets have you had over your time as a licenced driver?

Lhorgrim

Explorer
From the way you describe the area, it sounds like someone has complained to law enforcement that "people are flying through this residential 25mph area and the cops don't do anything about it", and speed enforcement was ordered for the area.
It's possible that the officer just happened to be there, but in my experience a roadway like you describe only gets real attention after accidents or citizen complaints.
I'm not sure how the courts work in your area, but in my area your best bet would be to contact the prosecutor's office and try to get traffic school.

The_lurkeR

First Post
Mark said:
I guess you could try to argue it, but if the speed limit is posted and considering you were doing 220% of it, I doubt you'll make much headway. Maybe you could get a reduced fine by taking traffic school or something? How many tickets have you had over your time as a licenced driver?

I had a couple tickets in the past, but it has been perhaps 8-10 years since the last.

Haven't decided on what to do about this one. I might try and get some leniency like you say, to get it reduced or something.

My frustrations are only that the speed limit is so unreasonably low that it jacks the fine up, and that virtually every car travelling that road could be given a ticket as well, it just happened to be my unlucky day. :(

There are those kind of 'speed trap' roads in every town though I suppose.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads