Drizzt's Handbook: Fighting Styles (5e Official)

TheLe

First Post
The Le Games is happy to announce a new book of Fighting Styles! Drizzt's Handbook: Fighting Styles brings you 13 new Fighting styles for your 5e players! It's a perfect companion for your Fighter, Paladin, or Ranger player!

Get it now at DMSGUILD!

FB_Fighting_Styles_300w.png

Inside you'll find these 13 Fighting Styles:
• Boa Cosntrictor
• Cavalier
• City Beggar
• Dragoon
• Dwarven Defender
• Dwarven Shooter
• Elvish Sniper
• Grenadier
• Samurai
• Slaver
• Tank
• Torch Bearer
• Woodcutter

As a bonus we've included 4 Infinity Orbs!

Get it now at DMSGUILD!

Fighting_Styles_Sample.jpg

Dire Bare

Legend
Using "Drizzt" in the title is totally within the limits of the DM's Guild license, at least so far as I understand it.

Still feels sketchy to me, as the content has really very little to do with Drizzt, it's just a name drop for marketing purposes. Will this choice work out for Le Games? "Fighting Styles" is currently at #34, and their previous "Drizzt" title, "Weapons of War" is at #13. So far so good!

When I was brainstorming my own ideas for the DM's Guild, I was debating using series names that originated in TSR and/or WotC products like "Creature Catalog" or "Monstrous Compendium" . . . and it didn't feel quite right, although not really wrong either . . . .

Dire Bare

Legend
Of course, another thought is, what's keeping me from launching my own "Drizzt's Handbook" titles on DM's Guild? It's not like Le Games can make a copyright or trademark claim on that!

TheLe

First Post
Of course, another thought is, what's keeping me from launching my own "Drizzt's Handbook" titles on DM's Guild? It's not like Le Games can make a copyright or trademark claim on that!

My understanding is that you can do that, yes. My copyright notice in the back of the book does not copyright "Drizzt's Handbook", as the rules prohibit me to do that. The specific legal jargon at the end of the book, as specified by WOTC, is:

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, D&D, Wizards of the Coast, Forgotten Realms, the dragon ampersand, and all other Wizards of the Coast product names, and their respective logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast in the USA and other countries. This work contains material that is copyright Wizards of the Coast and/or other authors. Such material is used with permission under the Community Content Agreement for Dungeon Masters Guild. All other original material in this work is copyright [2016] by [your legal name or company name] and published under the Community Content Agreement for Dungeon Masters Guild.

Side note: it is indeed The Le Games -- pronounced Tay Lee Games -- it's Vietnamese. Having a 3 letter name was great in the 90s when video game high scores only allowed for 3 letters.

Last edited:

Remove ads