Druid Self Infusion

Flips

Explorer
I see for Druid's Beast Form it says to "otherwise use the animal’s statistics." What happens if the Druid casts Infuse Metal 4 to give +1d6 strength first? Does the effect persist for the duration of the spell even after assuming Beast Form (with the new form receiving the benefit), or is the effect suppressed while the Druid is in beast form?

Side question. Is that a +1d6 dice pool bonus, or do you add that to the stat and then recalculate the dice pool?

This system is very customizable and I really like it, but just trying to put together some of the semantics so I can introduce it to my gaming group. Thanks!

Khaalis

Adventurer
I see for Druid's Beast Form it says to "otherwise use the animal’s statistics." What happens if the Druid casts Infuse Metal 4 to give +1d6 strength first? Does the effect persist for the duration of the spell even after assuming Beast Form (with the new form receiving the benefit), or is the effect suppressed while the Druid is in beast form?

By no means an expert, but with that said I have to state my standard reply to this type of question. "Rule 0"
To clarify... I'd say its up to the table how this one works. The Nay argument would come down to specific preference on how the magic works. Did the spell somehow physically alter your human form and thus only affect your human form? Or is the magic more esoteric and affects You regardless of the form or shape your in? IMHO, as a GM I'd always side with the latter example as a means of 'saying yes' to the player. You spent the resources, time and energy to cast the STR boost, I'm not going to nickle and dime you and rob you of that because you also used another of your abilities. Especially when the system already has a built in Balance Mode in the 'Max Die Pool' rule.

Side question. Is that a +1d6 dice pool bonus, or do you add that to the stat and then recalculate the dice pool?
Again, no expert, but by he way I read it, the entry states " the recipient gains +1d6 bonus to attribute checks" so IMHO it adds +1s6 directly to the existing pool.

So for example you have STR 9 (3d6) and cast Infuse Metal 4MP (+1d6), you now have a base STR Pool of 4d6 for the duration of the spell.

Remove ads