D&D 5E Druid Spellcasting

gyor

Legend
Using Enhanced form with Dire Form costs 2 wildshapes. Enhance Form by itself only costs 1 and Dire Form by itself only costs 1, but combine them and it costs 2 as explained under enhanced form.

gyor

Legend
Two questions about Wild Shape:

Is there any reason for a behemoth not to be a dire behemoth? There's a bonus to AC, attack, and damage. It seems a dead possibility -- something that just would never emerge.

2. What's the thinking behind "Alternatively, you can transform as part of another action, provided that action doesn’t involve casting a spell or activating a magic item"? Is it just so you can change form and attack in the same round?

1. No

2. Yes

the Jester

Legend
Using Enhanced form with Dire Form costs 2 wildshapes. Enhance Form by itself only costs 1 and Dire Form by itself only costs 1, but combine them and it costs 2 as explained under enhanced form.

Ahhh, that must be what I was thinking of. :nods:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!

I think that's how it's intended, so like an Enhanced Dire Behemoth would cost you 3 wildshapes, But I think they really need to explain that better cuz that's not how it looks.

Sage Genesis

First Post
I think that's how it's intended, so like an Enhanced Dire Behemoth would cost you 3 wildshapes, But I think they really need to explain that better cuz that's not how it looks.

I strongly doubt it. They're fairly meticulous about mentioning such things, when something costs more than normal. Becoming a normal or dire beast just expends one of your daily uses. It's only when you become an enhanced dire shape that it costs 2 uses of Wild Shape - note that it's not two extra uses, just two uses. Total.

Last edited:

gyor

Legend
For the record stacking dire beast form and enhanced form on the little fish form to become an enhanced dire gold fish would be awesome. ;D

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter

I think if that's what was intended, then "dire" would be listed under one of the possible enhancements.

It is a weird oversight, but perhaps they are anticipating other future possibilities.

Remove ads