• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dry Spell

Galieo

First Post
Worriedly looking at Belisha and Hardin, the red-headed knights whispers, "Something isn't right, Slyfen has been gone too long. Should we move to see if he is okay? If so, let me lead, at least I will be good for taking an arrow or three."

Through the darkness, the Eolan flashes a brief smile.

Krug

Newshound
"Yes, he has," says Belisha. "Maybe he found the trap after all..."

If they get to where Slyfen is she'll see if any of the others has a rope they can drop down to help Slyfen climb up.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
OOC Notes:
You guys all heard the terrific crash of the stone floor giving way and falling into the chamber below (close to 25 square feet of stone collapsed).
Hardin has a hempen rope with him, and there is a silk rope out with the mule.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Hardin will move as best he can to the edge of the pit Slyfen "found," and then drop his rope down it after tying about his waist (he's a lot heavier than Slyfen, especially in full plate :)), all the while keeping an eye out for opponents.

Brain

First Post
Slyfen picks himself up off the floor, cursing under his breath. How did I miss that? Argh he thinks. He will search the floor of the pit while waiting for assistance from above.

Krug

Newshound
Belisha will look out to see if the other goblinoids have been alerted. "Well... I guess you did find the trap after all," she says, trying not to sound too funny. She will pass Slyfen one of her CLW potions when he emerges.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Slyfen picks himself, and the rest of the party worriedly moves forward.

It takes about 12 to 15 seconds for Hardin to get to the lip of the hole, tie his rope around his waist, and throw the end down.

Keeping an eye out for possible enemies, Belisha retrieves a potion of cure light wounds to give the elf once he makes it out of the hole.

Eolan brings up the rear…just in case.

During this time, Slyfen satisfies his curiosity by searching the floor of the lower chamber. He is only able to search about 50 square feet (2 squares) before he sees the rope appear from above. He finds nothing of any interest.

OOC Notes:

Hardin
Use Rope check result secret
Spot check result 9 + 2 = 11
Listen check result 11 + 2 = 13

Belisha
Spot check result 11 + 2 = 13

Slyfen
Search check result 4 + 10 = 14
Search check result 11 + 10 = 21

Attachments

• Corridor3.gif
    Corridor3.gif
    119.1 KB · Views: 75

Krug

Newshound
"Perhaps the orc would know how to walk this route," says Belisha. "After all, they must use it quite often for their raids and I don't think they would trigger it everytime."

Last edited:

Brain

First Post
ooc: How many squares are there down there? and which squares do they correspond to above? Also can I tell from below which squares above are trapped to fall in?

Galieo

First Post
Wondering aloud, Eolan says, "That first orc, did he talk of more than one trap? I honestly cannot remember. But one thing I do know, Slyfen did his best."

Looking over at the fallen elf, he offers another potion of healing, if needed.

The knight peers into the darkness ahead, then suggests, "I think we may have lost much of the element of surprise, shouldn't we just press on?"

In a whisper, the warrior adds, "I will gladly lead the charge."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads