DT's Old School Campaign- (Chapter 4: The Guild and The Girl)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"It seems too easy," Lola commented. "However, Ed, I will stand by you if you decide you want to help your old friend. Of course we can use the money but I will do it more for you than anything else."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Edvan grins. "Thank you, Lola, I 'ppreciate that. I knows you got a keener eye for this sort of thing than I do, and, well, I haven't seen Erin here since we was boys, so... No offense meant, Erin," Edvan says quickly, "but you gots to know this looks too good to be true." Edvan pauses for a drink. "So, Hill says 'yes', Lola says 'if you want', I'm still on the fence. Rove, you and Quinnsy haven't had your say, yet."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"in a low voice Quinn replies finally, " Well, I won't be a liein and say I 've never done any piretin' in me life on the seas, but it wasn' with out risk to me fellow mates. I will do so as long as I can be a part in this scheme. Me leg bein what it tis now, I promis you I won't be moven too fast.

In fact, if ye plans need bait of a fallen ol man, then i just might be aquiessin to that."

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Rovan had been watching the exchange take place. Especially Lola as she sat on his lap. Lola has a good sense for these things and he learned to watch her in these situations. Still that last gem had gotten them quite a bit. The house, some wine better clothes. Honestly what did they have to lose. Still Lola's suspicions gnawed at him.

"Erin, I am tempted, sorely tempted. What assurances, what proof can you give us that this is true. Other than of course a childhood friendship. I have a hundred friends from childhood I wouldn't trust with a single silver shilling. So no offense to you, as I trust Ed as I know him. But, I will toss my weight in to doing this if you have some token of trust, of proof, of evidence that can support your claim, and give us reason to cast our lot in with you. And I assure you we can do this if we set our mind to it. So if this is real, I would do a damn good job of finding something that will convince us, because we will get you that share." says Rovan as he sips as his beer and loks expectantly at Erin.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Erin thinks about it for a moment, than his smile disappears as he takes out a small knife and cuts a thin line across the palm. "I need a share of those gems desperately, and I would not take the chance if I did not know. I swear by the soul of my deceased sister that I tell the truth. I am willing to take the blood oath on this."

Fenris

Adventurer
Rovan stares hard at Erin for a long minute before his eyes flick to Lola and Edvan.

"That satisfys me, Ed, I leave leave this to your call, you know Erin best. And how dear Melissa was to him. We will all stand behind you and your decision." says Rovan finally.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Edvan nods slowly. "In that case, I suppose we're in." He looks like he would say more but instead he picks up a mug and takes a drink. When he sets it down he says, "So, what's the timeline and the set-up? You gots a plan, Erin?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Quinn witnesses the willingness of Erin to take a blood oath and goes wide eyed. A blood oath to him in his pirate, er, i mean sailing days is not to be taken likely.

"aye captain, I'm with ye." he says to Rovan, his eyes lingering at the sight of the cut for a long time.

Remove ads