DT's Old School Campaign- (Chapter 4: The Guild and The Girl)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Erin looked relieved, then tucked his hand back. "I trust Edvan and his faith in companions, so I will tell you everything you will need to know ahead of time. A wagon is going to the north-center of town in an alley off of Caravan Street to drop off supplies. There is a funeral parlor there behind White Wake Inn. Ah... I see you are somewhat familiar with the area. Anyway, this Funeral Parlor is run by a landless noble named Count Perigsen. It seems as if the Count has been taking care of the burial of some richer clients deposited in a nearby cemetary. Well, it is said that his workers regularly pilfer the graves of clients buried with jewelry and send them off to a jeweler to be sold. This jeweler is named Barsak, and he runs a Tinsmith store farther to the southwest to the Tinsmith Shop near the end of the Street of Crafts. The gems are taken from the dead and placed in a brass box with some dwarven runes and padlock. It is said that Barsak the Dwarf do not know the source of the gems, so the wagoneers are the intermediaries and work directly for the Count. This is quite a trip, so I imagine that anything might happen along the way, from the Count's parlor all the way to the Tinsmith. The wagon travels from the parlor to Caravan Street, then Regal Street, Silver Street, the winding Street of Crafts, to the door of the Tinsmith himself. I'll listen to any plan you might come up with between now and ten at night. I'll meet you here tomorrow two hours before midnight. I'm willing to split the shares evenly, as I have the information and you will have the plan of action."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"That's disgustingly shady, I think we must help relieve this Count of his ill gotten gains for certain. Do you know how many wagoneers there are on the trip?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Edvan stares at Lola (since she was the last to speak) but it's clear he isn't really seeing her. He mumbles, "Ambush...narrow streets...mummers' masks? We shoulds check the route." His fingers drum the table as he thinks but stop when he abruptly turns to Hilmdyn and asks, "How are you with animals?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Quinn looks at erin and asks," So, Ye be a tellin me that this scurvy dog is steelin from the dead? " , he shakes his head and continues, " I could nere aquiese to allow me self to let this mutinous rat to be continuin in this. I f ye please, though, humor an old salt and tell me the story of how he be a happuin upon this rapscalion?" He then props his peg leg on an unued chair and takes a drw from his mug.

garyh

First Post
"I handle them well," Hilmdyn replies to Edvan. "In the wilds, a shaman has to know animals as well as people, for the people's survival may depend upon that of the animals."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Edvan almost snorts ale up his nose when Hilmdyn replies then begins to giggle. Sure sign he's reached his limit. "If you hads a girlfriend..." He laughs so much he can't finish his own joke.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Erin chuckles heartily then turns to Quinn and says, "I happen to have some contacts that are interested in those gems. In fact, I know someone who we could sell them to that knows how to keep quiet. But I hope you understand if I am not willing to share all of my information until after we succeed in this. I trust Edvan, but why give him or his companions any temptation?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Oi, you done give us plenny of temptations, friend." Edvan suppresses a chuckle. "And we really might need your skill with animals, Hill. 'Specially if the horses bolt or somewhat."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases