• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Duergar lore

Killoth

First Post
so Im playing a Duergar and I only have what little lore is in SCAG and PHB but it seems to be lacking. can you guys help me out? are there any pdf pages that have more lore or links to lore sites. I did a google search and found out dated wiki links and homebrew stuff. any one got current Duergar lore?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I go to the Forgotten Realms wiki for a lot of stuff like this: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Duergar

If what's there doesn't completely satisfy you, try some of the references listed. Also, try reading the chapter on Gracklestugh from the Out of the Abyss adventure. Some of the later "War of the Spider Queen" novels have duergar, as Gracklestugh sets to invade Menzoberranzan during the Silence of Lolth.

I don't know that they're as developed as Drow are, if that's what you're looking for.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Drow after the Salvatore experiment got sooo much Exposure. They had a Drows of the Underdark supplement, Comics etc. To be honest, If they were a Movie Star I would say they were overexposed. Other Authors jumped on the Drow Train. Duergar like Dwarves really became the B demihuman of the REalms. People wanted to play Elves with Wings, Wood Elves, Elves from Evermeet and of course Drow.

Demihumans of the Realms has a bit on them, and the go to guide on Dwarves, Dwarves Deep has but a paragraph on the Gray Dwarves (I learned this to my error after buying it).

The issue being here is that for the Drow we have a wealth of older product to build stories and characters around them even if they arnt too current, and while there is a wealth of FR past lore on Dwarves ( still nowhere near the same as on the Elves in general) it barely touches on the Gray DWarves at all.

Finding currently sourcebook lore on the Elves/Dwarves is well .. non existant.

Killoth

First Post
Drow after the Salvatore experiment got sooo much Exposure. They had a Drows of the Underdark supplement, Comics etc. To be honest, If they were a Movie Star I would say they were overexposed. Other Authors jumped on the Drow Train. Duergar like Dwarves really became the B demihuman of the REalms. People wanted to play Elves with Wings, Wood Elves, Elves from Evermeet and of course Drow.

Demihumans of the Realms has a bit on them, and the go to guide on Dwarves, Dwarves Deep has but a paragraph on the Gray Dwarves (I learned this to my error after buying it).

The issue being here is that for the Drow we have a wealth of older product to build stories and characters around them even if they arnt too current, and while there is a wealth of FR past lore on Dwarves ( still nowhere near the same as on the Elves in general) it barely touches on the Gray DWarves at all.

Finding currently sourcebook lore on the Elves/Dwarves is well .. non existant.

that sucks cause Im really enjoying playing a duergar I just wish I had more information on the lore and culture that they have. I have read a few wikis but found them lacking real depth. I heard that the out of the abyss DM book has more in it but I do not have access to one.

It's a third party, 3e product, but Mongoose's The Slayer's Guide to Duergar has a host of detail and information that might be what you're looking for.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads