Trailer Dune: Part Two Exclusive Extended Sneak Preview (2024)

The Soloist

Adventurer
Christopher Nolan: "For me, I don't think it says too much to say that if Dune: Part One was Star Wars , this to me is very much The Empire Strikes Back , which is my favorite of the Star Wars films. I just think it's an incredibly exciting expansion of all of the things you introduce in the first one."

Christopher Nolan: "For me, I don't think it says too much to say that if Dune: Part One was Star Wars , this to me is very much The Empire Strikes Back , which is my favorite of the Star Wars films. I just think it's an incredibly exciting expansion of all of the things you introduce in the first one."

I saw this quote before and it threw me a bit. ESB is the one that ends with minimal resolution after the "good guys" lost, just like Dune: Part One.

I believe he is talking about emotional gravitas. Paul becomes Darth Vader. He is not a good guy.

I could be wrong (I haven't seen Dune 2 yet), but aren't the movies quite aways out from that? I thought Dune 2 only brings us to the end the first novel, where he's still the protagonist.

The Soloist

Adventurer
I could be wrong (I haven't seen Dune 2 yet), but aren't the movies quite aways out from that? I thought Dune 2 only brings us to the end the first novel, where he's still the protagonist.
I saw an interview in which Villeneuve says he is introducing some warning elements of Paul's future in Dune 2, via the Chani character. I think it's very clever. It avoids the problem Herbert had and why he felt he had to write Messiah because readers thought Paul was a hero at the end of book one.

Ryujin

Legend
Anyone who hasn't seen pictures of Zendaya from the London premiere really needs to. It looks like she just walked off the set of "Metropolis", not "Dune."

Remove ads