Dune RPG Details Emerge!

Polygon has some details about the single most anticipated RPG of 2020, the upcoming Dune RPG! Here are the key points!

dune_logo.jpg

• It will be based on Modiphius' 2d20 System (as expected).
  • Players will join a house, or create a house.
  • Gameplay also covers agents, spies, mercenaries, and criminals.
  • It will come out around Christmas and into 2021.
  • A beta test will kick off very soon.
  • Writers include Andy Peregrine and Khaldoun Khelil (who has worked on Vampire: the Masquerade for two decades), and Chris Spivey (Harlem Unbound) and a whole bunch more!

bulletmeat

Adventurer
With all the comments on 2d20 games I usually see i'm surprised this was 1st on the anticipated 2020 games list.
I am very interested to see how they use the system for a 'grittier' & political setting. I'm assuming some sort of honor or prestige mechanic would be used for social interaction among the Landsraad.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
With all the comments on 2d20 games I usually see i'm surprised this was 1st on the anticipated 2020 games list.
Vocal minorities are always very vocal and always the negative minority. Rule applies the world over, any topic. How many people phone a company to complain about a service vs how many people phone them to compliment them? Then the votes come in, and hey - lots of people like it!

bulletmeat

Adventurer
Vocal minorities are always very vocal and always the negative minority. Rule applies the world over, any topic. How many people phone a company to complain about a service vs how many people phone them to compliment them? Then the votes come in, and hey - lots of people like it!
True, true. I guess this glass is half full after all. :)

Sunsword

Adventurer

Something I've learned about 2d20 is it plays better than it reads. I was worried about it's crunchiness but our whole group picked up easily and after an hour it was like we'd been playing it for ages.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
I really wanted to like all the 2D20 games I've read. Mutant Chronicles, Conan, Star Trek. But man, it just doesn't flow for me.

I guess I'll wait another 20 years for somebody else to take another shot at a Dune RPG.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases