• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon and Dragon submission guidelines are up

Shemeska

Adventurer
For anyone else that has sent in something to submissions@wizards, have you gotten that automated confirmation email for anything sent in? I haven't yet, so I'm wondering if the mails bounced or if the confirmation emails have some snag.

Nellisir

Hero
HellHound said:
I got rejection emails from them...

I got rejection letters and even rejected manuscripts that Roger Moore and others had gone through with a red pen. Obviously this was a few years ago.

Stormborn

Explorer
Scott_Rouse said:
Sending them again can't really hurt. I am sure Paizo gave us everything but why not cover your bases.

Thanks. As with Paizo, is it safe to say a single query with multiple ideas is best rather than flooding the submission account with multiple e-mails for different articles?

mattcolville

Adventurer
Nellisir said:
Weird. Dragon/Dungeon's new submission guidelines...

...look an awful lot like the submission guidelines I wrote (and Rick Miller revised) for the Oerth Journal...about nine or ten years ago. I don't -think- I cribbed it off of Dragon....

10 years ago?

- Send a query/ proposal to oerthjournal (at) gmail (dot) com in 1-2 paragraphs.

Gmail first went online in 2004. 3 years ago. At the time it was invitation only.

Small nitpick!

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Shemeska said:
For anyone else that has sent in something to submissions@wizards, have you gotten that automated confirmation email for anything sent in? I haven't yet, so I'm wondering if the mails bounced or if the confirmation emails have some snag.

I asked this over on the WotC boards in the "official" discussion thread on the subject set up by Gamer-Zero. No official answer yet, but unofficially I was told to wait a day or so and start worrying if I didn't see it after that.

Shemeska said:
Thanks for letting us know Scott. I had a pretty massive yugoloth query that had been bouncing around for a year over with Paizo and had gone through various stages of revision with them, so hopefully it's part of that slush pile you're now getting a hold of.

But as you said, why not cover your bases. :)

Hey, Shemmy? If you don't mind, would you shoot me an e-mail describing your query? I've got something (purely hypothetical at the moment, but you never know) I'd like to speak to you about.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Mouseferatu said:
Hey, Shemmy? If you don't mind, would you shoot me an e-mail describing your query? I've got something (purely hypothetical at the moment, but you never know) I'd like to speak to you about.

Heh. BOZ and I have a couple yugoloth queries in as well. Do you guys want to form a supergroup? :lol:

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Shemeska said:
And in my haste to submit stuff, I fired off a query with a lovely typo in the first word. Joy. So professional looking. "I'm like to propose"

*beats head against wall*

I did something similar for the $100,000 setting submission thing.

Even today, I still get letters from Keith Baker that start out like this: "Dear Biggus, Are you still a retard? I just bought a gold plated Lamborghini. Ha ha ha!"

RodneyThompson

First Post
BiggusGeekus said:
Even today, I still get letters from Keith Baker that start out like this: "Dear Biggus, Are you still a retard? I just bought a gold plated Lamborghini. Ha ha ha!"

BWA HA HA HA HA!

Freaking awesome. Who knew Keith was so vindictive...but at least you get letters from him. All I got was a restraining order.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads